This might be impossible actually Im sure it is but can anyone tell a date on this c

holeDiver

Dec 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This might be impossible actually I'm sure it is but can anyone tell a date on this c

u6ydadud.jpg
u9urumy6.jpg

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
holeDiver

holeDiver

Dec 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Kat an Mack I can now see that their might be an eight their new phone new camera never actually got it this clear before again thank you

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
If the Date cannot be determined but you can determine that the coin is a "Small Letter" Variety (wide spacing between the "A" and "M" in AMERICA), then it can only be an 1858 "Small Letter" Flying Eagle Cent! Dies with this spacing between the "A" and "M" in AMERICA were only used in 1858 but Dies of the Large Letter Variety (little or no spacing between the "A" and "M" in AMERICA ) were used both in 1857 and 1858. There were no Dies of the "Small Letter" Variety used in 1857. I hope this is not as confusing as it reads to me!

In other words, a Flying Eagle Cent with little or no spacing between the "A" and "M" in AMERICA (Large Letter) and with no discernible Date, can be either an 1857 or 1858 Flying Eagle Cent but if there is wide spacing between the "A" and "M" in AMERICA (Small Letter), it can only be an 1858 Flying Eagle Cent.

Frank

OP
OP
holeDiver

holeDiver

Dec 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks a lot you were a great help

OP
OP