Possible misplaced mint mark 1987 P Roosevelt Dime

ruacrazy12

Dec 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been searching around the internet to find out what I can about a 1987 p Roosevelt Dime with a misplaced mint mark. The mint mark (P) is above the 8 in 1987 more so than over the 7 and also its closer to the date where in any other comparison the mint mark seems further north of the date. There are no trails evident around the mint mark or signs of something forcing the error. I saw mention of a "Possible misplaced mint mark 1985-1987P" in an old conversation here and tried responding to that conversation. Anyone know anything about this or what it could be worth or even how many could exist? Thanks for anything you can tell me.

Last edited:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been searching around the internet to find out what I can about a 1987 p Roosevelt Dime with a misplaced mint mark. The mint mark (P) is above the 8 in 1987 more so than over the 7 and also its closer to the date where in any other comparison the mint mark seems further north of the date. There are no trails evident around the mint mark or signs of something forcing the error. I saw mention of a "Possible misplaced mint mark 1985-1987P" in an old conversation here and tried responding to that conversation. Anyone know anything about this or what it could be worth or even how many could exist? Thanks for anything you can tell me.

I believe it can be found in the Cherry Pickers Guide volume 2.

cosmoscoins

Tenderfoot
Oct 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If date is touching or over Mint Mark then its pretty rare otherwise Mint Marks can be here and there,,,,,,, the hand placement of Mint Marks on Dies changes from one Die to the next in the 80's,,,, early 90's and all pre 80's ,,,with that said good eye,,Buy silver hoard copper and zinc,,,Cosmos

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread