sold some

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I sold ASE $20, Buffalo Round $16, 1878 Good Morgan $15. I learned that I need to invest in ASE. I lost more money on the other two. I have to rethink my Saling silver and buying gold. This was done just to see what I could get. I wonder how much loss there would be on higher grade coins? I'm trying get not to lose my ass any advice?

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My advice: sell to me next time
You got robbed my man- where did you sell to, honest advice DONT go back there again, cause they took advantage of you for sure
-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did the guy who bought them have a mask on?

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My advice: sell to me next time
You got robbed my man- where did you sell to, honest advice DONT go back there again, cause they took advantage of you for sure
-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

I hear ya!!....I would love to have gotten some prices like that...Im still paying 23-25 for ASE and up to 20 for morgans

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I sold to a gold and silver store.

They offered better prices than other stores. Plz tell me where to go because I did lose money. I thought about buying high grade certified stuff but they would low ball me on that too. I'm open for advice.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold to a gold and silver store.

They offered better prices than other stores. Plz tell me where to go because I did lose money. I thought about buying high grade certified stuff but they would low ball me on that too. I'm open for advice.

Yea, You gotta stay away from some of those places..hell, You could probally get more selling on eBay...Or drop 20 dollars on a Charter Membership and sell here...I knwo you wont have a problem unloading them

mammoth29

Feb 22, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll agree with the fact that you got ripped off!! I'm heavily into buying Morgans and an 1878 Morgan is worth way more than that! Sell here, you will get more than that every time!

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
How does that work? Do I pay my $20 and get a pay pal account? Do I get insurance? Soon as the money is received the coins s are sent? Can I buy with out being a Charter member?

If yall could break it down for me because I don't anything about the system. THANKS, I'm glad I found this place.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any member can buy and any member can reply to a "for trade" offer made by a charter member.

Only Charter Members can sell or make initial offer for trade.

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
How does that work? Do I pay my $20 and get a pay pal account? Do I get insurance? Soon as the money is received the coins s are sent? Can I buy with out being a Charter member?

If yall could break it down for me because I don't anything about the system. THANKS, I'm glad I found this place.

Signing up for PayPal is on your own. It is free. Supporting TNet via a Charter Membership entitles you to sell in the Classified section. You can buy without being a CM. You dictate how you want to sell. Include shipping and insurance in your asking price. Once money is received, then you ship. Let the buyer know the tracking number and you are done.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I dont think you NEED a PayPay...i dont have one.

Typically money is sent, once recieved, item is shipped with tracking information.

I have traded with people on this site and its been good expericances so far.

Now if you DO pay the 20 bucks in Charter Memember...You will save Lots of money on fees. Plus it helps support the site.

Also, Please PM when you become a charter memeber, and sell only to me :laughing7:.....JOKING!

RustyRelicHunter

Oct 5, 2004
SC
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
There has been a great debate for many years regarding selling gold and buying silver versus selling silver and buying gold. The general opinion is to base your decision on the ratio of the current price of gold and silver and if gold is selling for 30-40 times silver you should sell silver to buy gold. If the ratio is higher than 40/1 then gold is overvalued or silver is undervalued (or both) so you should sell gold and buy silver.

Current spot prices are gold $1260. and silver $20. with a ratio of 63/1 so the "rule" says sell gold and buy silver. There is no guarantee that this is the best approach but it works for many.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread