"Toned" penny- keep or spend?

westkybanded

Sep 9, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Posted a while back about a 73 with rainbow coloring that I found. Finally got around to taking some pics. I know it's not worth much now, but should I throw it in a flip and leave it for the boy in 30-40 years, or just spend it? Thanks for looking

IMAG0529_zps57679571.jpg

IMAG0527_zps7d4047db.jpg

IMAG0530_zpsb876a3a6.jpg

jasper62

Feb 8, 2009
Georgia
Detector(s) used
BH pioneer 202 / garrett ace 250
I would keep myself, it may not have a lot of monetary value today but one has to appreciate natural toning like this one has. I have a few like this in my collection that I pulled from circulation, I noted on the flip why I kept it so the next owner whether my family or stranger knew why it was saved.Got to love that toning."Nice coin" keep it

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Keep it in your pocket when you next metal detect and give it to the first kid who asks what you are doing.
Or, if he, too, is MD-ing, give it to him. Or, (best of all) 'salt' the area in front of him so that he finds it.
Don.....

OP
OP
W

westkybanded

Sep 9, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep it in your pocket when you next metal detect and give it to the first kid who asks what you are doing.
Or, if he, too, is MD-ing, give it to him. Or, (best of all) 'salt' the area in front of him so that he finds it.
Don.....

You know, I'd do this very thing except my 11 yr old son claimed the thing after seeing it on the table yesterday. He's got it in "his" safe. Said he'd trade me an indian head for it the next time he finds one. Lol... SOLD!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread