What do I Do with these!!! Crusty Zilcons

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have been Finding these Crusty things for years!!!!

Today I Did our Taxes and Found that We owed 28.00 In Taxes to the IRS!!! We Have Just Over 28.00 in Deformed crusty and Destroyed Zink Pennies!!!

Can you see where this Post is Going LMAO

Are the pennies Legal tender just like dollar bills that are more than half there!!! And Who can I send them To!!!!

Have fun with the Post If you want To But I Really Want To Know If I Can Send them To the IRS For Payment ( I Will Clean them First!!!) Chug

Red Double Dog dared ME!!!! Chug

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would reel it in a little.. roll them up to your bank, write the $28 check, and hope a cocky CRH'er gets a hold of them.

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
oops forgot the Picture!!!

115.JPG

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would reel it in a little.. roll them up to your bank, write the $28 check, and hope a cocky CRH'er gets a hold of them.

Thanks for the Advise!!!! Its Better than My Idea!!!!! Send In A Check With the following on the Note Line Here I Your 28.00 Obama!!! OOPS

I Will Not reel anything in, Pennies are legal tender I Just Need to Know Where to Send them to cash them In For Money that does Not dissolve in Water!!!! HH Chug

Last edited:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the Advise!!!! Its Better than My Idea!!!!! Send In A Check With the following on the Note Line Here I Your 28.00 Obama!!! OOPS

I Will Not reel anything in, Pennies are legal tender I Just Need to Know Where to Send them to cash them In For Money that does Not dissolve in Water!!!! HH Chug

I did some research with some help of people on here....it makes it almost worthless to ship to the Mint...IMO...and what I'm goign to be doing...is rolling them up and depositing them to the bank....I personally dont think its fair that my money turns to garbage when it gets wet

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I remember correctly, there is a limit to how many cents you can use to satisfy a private debt (I think it's $25) but I'm not sure on a government payment. It's probably written down somewhere as I'm sure you're not the first to think about doing that. I'd like to see all the banks redeem them but most won't if they know they're full of holes and missing chunks. I say either get rid of the cent coin or make the thing out of decent metal! It's not much better than an Alkaselzer right now!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
The IRS or Treasury Department (which is the acceptor for Tax payments) does not accept cash payments for Tax debts or other debts owed to the U.S. Government. As others have recommended, roll the Zincolns up, take them to the Bank and then write a check for the Tax debt.

Frank

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe, I need to send a Message to the Treasury Department, Chug! See below how do you all Think that question Below Would Go!!!

Why is the Mint Making Money that dissolve's???

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe, I need to send a Message to the Treasury Department, Chug! See below how do you all Think that question Below Would Go!!!

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I remember correctly, there is a limit to how many cents you can use to satisfy a private debt (I think it's $25) but I'm not sure on a government payment. It's probably written down somewhere as I'm sure you're not the first to think about doing that. I'd like to see all the banks redeem them but most won't if they know they're full of holes and missing chunks. I say either get rid of the cent coin or make the thing out of decent metal! It's not much better than an Alkaselzer right now!

I think there was a company that hated another company I think I was Samsung and apple actually. Well they sent dump trucks of nickles to pay a 500k fine

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Since when does it dissolve? Lol Canada's is a plastic based bill but if you put it in the dryer they all melt together lol

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
xrun, I think you will find out, that it was only BS, about the payment in nickles. Once these stories get started, they are hard to stop. And anyway, it was supposed to be for like a billion $, not 500k.

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OOps thought we were done but I forgot about just got another 1099 and now we owe 208 and Don't have enough Zincons!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread