Is this Shenanigans

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol ms68 top population? Probably cause nobody would bother spending the $ to grade one!

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because its the finest known and if it were in a pcgs holder it would certainly sell for no less than a few hundred dollars. The thing you have to realize is that although this coin is essentially new and direct from the mint the coins are still subjected to abuse, such as counting machines and being bagged up. The person who buys this coin is betting on that there will not be another certified in a higher grade, its a bet i would not be willing to take.

Last edited:

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol ms68 top population? Probably cause nobody would bother spending the $ to grade one!

PCGS reports just under 500 2013-D shield cents were sent in for grading this year alone. NGC reports 341 2013-D cents sent in for grading this year so people are most certainly collecting these shield cents and why not what makes it different from any other coin series?

OP
OP
X

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I got a roll that came from the mint to Loomis chances are they would not make ms68 because Loomis sorted them? I need a something that could get up close to the coin and check for small abrasions and such?

OP
OP
X

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PCGS reports just under 500 2013-D shield cents were sent in for grading this year alone. NGC reports 341 2013-D cents sent in for grading this year so people are most certainly collecting these shield cents and why not what makes it different from any other coin series?

I just found it weird because they could of got a uncirculated roll from a bank lol. Though it being graded makes the set better and more valuable

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
841 out of how many billion minted? I'd bet heavily that some ms69's and 70's will be graded.

OP
OP
X

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The seller is no fool. He started it at 1 cent. The crazy bidders have bid it up to $40.99 so far.

Have a ton of pennies.check- have eBay about.check- take pictures check- turn $50 to $200,000 and get questioned by the DEA then retire!

Hey guys I'm going to retire and I'm only 20!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is crazy.how much does it cost to get a coin graded?

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plus shipping, and ebay fees, and paypal fees

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wouldn't it be funny if he got to be a millionaire selling pennys on ebay? LOL

OP
OP
X

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wouldn't it be funny if he got to be a millionaire selling pennys on ebay? LOL

Hey don't underestimate the power of pennies lol still don't understand ms68 RD I know it means red but they are copper

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you guys are so certain you can get them at this grade from the bank no one is stopping you from sending them in. I bet you don't get over a MS66

OP
OP
X

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you guys are so certain you can get them at this grade from the bank no one is stopping you from sending them in. I bet you don't get over a MS66

I take you're challenge let me crack open my fresh roll and look though all the virgin Lincolns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread