greg1186

greg1186

Dec 19, 2013
Northern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am pretty sure this is not AT.. It was brought in by an older lady who kept them in a velvet box along w many others which toned but not as nicely. She bought them in 1990 and has had them in the box since then. I have another but not as rainbow more just blue and gold. However.. Maybe she could have lied? I dunno thanks for your response anyway!

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eh, AT is generally used as interchangeable with not market acceptable toning or questionable toning. I don't think it would slab problem-free. Get it in a problem-free slab, and you'll get a premium for it, probably.

CoinHELP!

Aug 9, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got a good deal on the coin but it's not worth slabbing even if the toning is original. I have a few toners myself and based on your lighting angle it's not as pleasing straight on, and that's the norm for toned silver eagles. If the toning is natural and increases the eye appeal straight on, then it's worth a premium. The value of two Morgan Dollars is more than the value of this coin, so don't know how you will make such a trade. Two Morgans even have more silver content than this one SAE.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread