TEXAS commemorative half dollar

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy it. Unless you need the money for something else. I paid pretty high for a 1919 S & D standing lib quarters. I really enjoy looking at those coins. And yours is graded. I say do it!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
There is one on ebay right now for $143 free shipping. It is PCGS MS64. $250 is way overpriced...

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy it. Unless you need the money for something else. I paid pretty high for a 1919 S & D standing lib quarters. I really enjoy looking at those coins. And yours is graded. I say do it!

Yeah, buy it! Throw away $100 for no good reason at all! C'mon, Daddy Warbucks, it's just money, blow it all needlessly.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I am looking at buying a NCG 641935s Texas Commerative half. They want $250. I think it's a little high but I love this coin. HELP!

Coin shops in Texas, especially on Hwy 183 in Austin can beat that price. Try Medlar's here. They will be able to help. Believe Alamo Coin(commerce St.) has some. $250 is way too high. They are not that rare...

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its worth $180 retail in ms64 with a population of 509. If it was me and i was buying this coin i would hold out for a MS66 retail is $400 but i bet you could get one for cheaper on an auction site if the conditions are right, Probably $300. The population of the MS66 is just 85 coins much rarer for not that much more money but thats just me.

Ohhh just found a MS66 CAC smoking deal i bet if you offered him $300 possibly less I personally would start at $280.
1935 Texas NGC MS66CAC 50c Commemorative Half Dollar | eBay

Last edited:

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a philly, the coin OP is talking about is an S. Not much of a difference, though, if he's just looking for any Texas, and not a specific date/mm.

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a philly, the coin OP is talking about is an S. Not much of a difference, though, if he's just looking for any Texas, and not a specific date/mm.

Good catch sir but my info is correct, the price is really about the same across the board all im saying is that for short money you can get a vastly superior coin.

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other

Yeah, I like the coin but I rather not buy it and let them think they can just charge me anything. They know that's not what the coin goes for. So before I look like a chump I'll pass.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions