Hi Folks; Looking for a Coin Error Forum.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just recently got interested in them and starting penny box hunting myself after I saw my digging partner doing it. I was amazed by the amount of coins he was pulling. I started finding errors I didn't know existed like the 1987 DD Obv. and the 1999 DD Obv. I'd like to learn more about them. I've been in the field for 45 years and never even noticed them all this time except for the Major errors ya know. Anyways, I await your replies. I will start checking in here on a regular basis ok. Thanks for your inputs and another great Forum here. PEACE:RONB

PS: You can usually find me on the General Discussion Forum under the name BARKER ok. Thanks.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are varieties, not errors. If it's primarily lincolns you're interested in, check out (removed by mod) has an active cent searching base as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bigscores; Nope. I'm thinking about coins in general. Anyn ideas ??

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bigscores; Nope. I'm thinking about coins in general. Anyn ideas ??

(REMOVED BY MOD ) still applies. There are no real big error forums because there aren't too many error collectors out there. If you're looking for a general coin forum with a great amount of knowledge, I'm a regular poster over on the (REMOVED BY MOD ) (PCGS owned) and they are second-to-none in the world of coin forums in terms of knowledge base, specializations, and market knowledge, not to mention that several of the more important individuals and dealers in the hobby also post there regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen we do not allow the advertising of other forums on our open forums.... What you say in pm is your business as long as no one complains...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big score it has been a standing rule here for years and we have posted this before...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen we do not allow the advertising of other forums our open forums.... What you say in pm is your business as long as no one complains...

Seems petty we can't even discuss forums openly? Especially considering the impact the said forum has on the hobby.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems petty we can't even discuss forums openly? Especially considering the impact the said forum has on the hobby.

It has been a standing rule here for many, many years in all TN forums, I have only been here 8 years and was a rule when I joined...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread