1990 quarter error

Feb 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was crhing and found a 1990 quarter. On the face side, it looks like there is the back of another coin struck over Washington's face. Depending on how you look at it, it looks like a train or the White House. The rim of the second strike runs through the "In God We Trust", and you can see "E pluribus" right under Washington's nose. Any thoughts? And possible value? Don't know how to post a pic, first post. Tell me how and I can put one up though. Thanks!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
We need to see pics of the coin, front and back and some closeup as well to be able to try to make a determination of what happened to the coin and whether it is a true error or a man made error.

Frank

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you compose a thread, there is a box you can click that says "manage attachments". That's where you can add a photo or few. Generally, if the added pattern on the coin is inset, it's PMD (post mint damage). If the pattern is raised, it's likely to be a mint error. We'd need a good close-up photo to render an intelligent opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread