OH MY GOSH!!! COULD IT BE??? SILVER V NICKEL? HIGH GRADE?

CoinHuntingDrew

Dec 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1911 Liberty Nickel Silver "RARE" US Coin Key Date $0 05 Circ VF XF Ugrade | eBay

Alright now..if you couldn't tell my sarcastic lame joke in the title...then i don't know what to say... :laughing7:

But anyways, always gotta get a good laugh of some of the ebay listings.

The description gave me a good laugh too.

"This coin is silver."
"This coin is in great condition!"
"Unbelievable Quality."

The true unbelievable thing is, this guy has a 99.8% feedback with over 3600 sales on ebay. I love how his other items for sale are NCC "graded" coins. An untrustable 'grading' service.
http://coinauctionshelp.com/Coin_Help_Blog/the-top-coin-grading-services-to-avoid-like-a-disease/

Last edited:

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I asked the seller a question, how he knows it is silver when Liberty nickels should be made of copper nickel. He responded, yes there is an error in the listing, it is not silver it is copper/nickel.

OP
OP
C

CoinHuntingDrew

Dec 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But the grading....VF/XF...are you kidding me? This guy must be one of those people working at those fake companies like NAC or SGS.

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've seen people posting buffs labeled as silver too, but then again i have been one of those people who bid on the ONE 1C SHINY PENNY MAY BE DIRTY YEAR 1998, for 0.06 cents. But 'chyeouknow

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see a lot of listings where someone claims an item is Rare and it is really common, or vintage. I also hate it when they charge an outrageous shipping price on an item to make up their costs. I saw where someone was charging $69 on shipping on an item that only should cost $15 to ship and had a buy price for slightly less then the item should cost. What amazes me is that people buy these items and then leave good feedback.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see a lot of listings where someone claims an item is Rare and it is really common, or vintage. I also hate it when they charge an outrageous shipping price on an item to make up their costs. I saw where someone was charging $69 on shipping on an item that only should cost $15 to ship and had a buy price for slightly less then the item should cost. What amazes me is that people buy these items and then leave good feedback.

Ebay now charges a final value fee on the total INCLUDING the shipping fees. They did this to try to get a handle on guys selling a $20 item for 99 cents and then charging 19.00 shipping and only paying FVF on the 99 cents.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ebay now charges a final value fee on the total INCLUDING the shipping fees. They did this to try to get a handle on guys selling a $20 item for 99 cents and then charging 19.00 shipping and only paying FVF on the 99 cents.

I occasionally sell on Ebay and I wasn't aware that they started factoring in the shipping for the final fee costs. Good, but I don't like selling on Ebay because it is hard to make a profit sometimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread