Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Y'all,

I've got a couple hundred dollars worth of damaged coins that I've been hanging on to for some time. They came from machines as rejects. These are seriously damaged (dryer coins, badly bent, twisted, etc.) and should be removed from circulation. How can I get face value for them, other than by spending them? Is there somewhere that I can send them (Philly?)?

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
silver or clad? clad? just take em to the bank

OP
OP
Kantuckkeean

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're clad... cents, nickels, dimes, quarters, halves, SBAs. What will a bank do with them? Would they go back into circulation or do banks have a way of dealing with them. They came from banks for basically free.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
It is a lot easier to just roll the ones up that can be rolled and return them to the Bank and the ones that can't be rolled just spend them. Either way, they will eventually be culled and returned to the U.S. Mint. If you send them to the U.S. Mint yourself, who knows when you will get reimbursed if ever.

Frank

CoinHuntingDrew

Dec 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to have a small mini hoard of just chewed up mutilated coins. I put all the crappy zinc's mixed into penny rolls and hauled them off to the bank I hated the most...:laughing7:

CoinHuntingDrew

Dec 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better yet, I have all my detecting crap from last year still that I rolled up. I'm going to cash it in when I get the chance, but anyways I have all the chewed up zinc's in rolls, and on the enders they look like nice unc nice pennies...lol

OP
OP
Kantuckkeean

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Y'all.