Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wanting to get a few people coins as gifts for a few different occasions and I am trying to come up with ideas. I am going to list the occasions below and if anyone has an idea for a coin or coin set that is pretty cheap I would appreciate advice.

1. My cousin is getting married. ( I want to get something for her and her future husband)

2. My other cousin is having a baby ( a girl) and I want to get something for them to put away for the baby.

3. Birthday ( I have already gotten everyone either a proof or mint set for their birth year)

4. Easter ( Maybe a coin set that isn't very expensive to put together)

I am already working on 1941-1974 Lincoln cents for their Christmas presents.

Thanks for reading the thread, and if you have an idea please share.

7treefrog

Aug 4, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver eagles are sometimes given as good luck symbol, so they would be perfect for a newborn or weddings! They are on the expensive side though, I would see if they have half dollar silver eagles instead of the larger ones.

7treefrog

Aug 4, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't have to be silver eagles just a smaller silver bullion coin, sorry I write confusingly.

hunts with son

Sep 10, 2013
Monroe County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Provident Metals sells coins that I believe coincide with the Chinese calendar and are based on an animal every year (at least i think that's the way it works LOL). This year is the year of the horse, 2013 I believe was the year of the snake, etc.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with the others that Silver Eagles are great gifts that will go up in value with time! Also, the Chinese Panda series or Australian Lunar Year series of bullion coins are great gifts for investments as well.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions