One more to look at the Condition of. 1875 CC Half

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still going through these and this one looks nicer then the rest. Is EF-40 To much on it? I Love it though, My be one of my favs from the collection! I have Some others to post in the future at some point too. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9462.JPG
    IMG_9462.JPG
    532.4 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_9463.JPG
    IMG_9463.JPG
    544.1 KB · Views: 134

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious... why does it matter what it grades? "Is EF-40 To much on it?"

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Curious... why does it matter what it grades? "Is EF-40 To much on it?"

I don't understand this comment. Don't coin collectors like to assign grades to their coins? It is in every coin book, reference, price guide ever published.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand this comment. Don't coin collectors like to assign grades to their coins? It is in every coin book, reference, price guide ever published.

Just wondering what you thought. I just always stacked the silver. So just wondering what some one would grade it. Btw. Theses are nice.

image-4294734719.jpg

image-242731892.jpg

TypeCoin971793

Oct 7, 2013
Here or There or Anywhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The half dollar grades, in my opinion, VF-30, give or take five points. Very nice coin; I like it a lot.

The bills are quite nice. Lovin' the Black Eagle and the Woodchopper especially. Not as big of a fan on the Battleship note, but I know it is very rare and worth upwards of $500 in that condition!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The half dollar grades, in my opinion, VF-30, give or take five points. Very nice coin; I like it a lot.

The bills are quite nice. Lovin' the Black Eagle and the Woodchopper especially. Not as big of a fan on the Battleship note, but I know it is very rare and worth upwards of $500 in that condition!

There are more. They are listed in the yard sale section. Old Currency thread.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Let me help you understand. :)

I added his quote behind my question because it sounds like he might be grading them to sell, and I am asking to clarity this, because if you have to ask advice to grade a coin it's probably not a good idea to be grading what you have for sale. I'm saying this being the same way, I'm not qualified to grade a coin, and sure I can make a pretty good call on anything, but it's looking for trouble. For your own collection, whole different thing.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Let me help you understand. :)

I added his quote behind my question because it sounds like he might be grading them to sell, and I am asking to clarity this, because if you have to ask advice to grade a coin it's probably not a good idea to be grading what you have for sale. I'm saying this being the same way, I'm not qualified to grade a coin, and sure I can make a pretty good call on anything, but it's looking for trouble. For your own collection, whole different thing.

Yep, completely agree. Slabbing for resale is often a failed endeavor. I think I misread your comment. It's all good.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya, I was. I also have 7 gold coins from the same purchase. Is it the same story for them too? They all look the same to me. As far as condition goes. I was not going to sell them though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread