Your comments welcome.

monkeys uncle

Mar 26, 2014
Waxahachie, Tx
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 440, E-Trac, Fisher F-Pulse pin-pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Posted this on another forum by mistake. My apologies if you've already perused and/or commented therein. Dug this '68 D LH Memorial last Thursday. Noticed the last digit of the year (8) was extremely close to the edge. Didn't immediately realize the entire coin was 'offset' on both sides. Your comments welcome. Pics attached ('click' of ea. for larger view)
40614f.JPG 40614r.JPG

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting but not dramatic enough to have extra value. Usually they need to off-center enough to be missing features to have a premium.

WMA

Jan 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I wonder what really happened to the gold and the men watching the gold. All of them were dedicated confederates that wanted the south to rise after the war ended.I think that after 20 or 30 or 40 years of waiting these men began to realize that the money that they were going to use for the south to rise again was actually their money to use for their families and to help the direct family members from the gang. I think that the money was recovered by the ones that were watching it and not left in the ground in any large amounts. Maybe we should try to research who went from being very poor to very rich in the known areas.I wonder what the watchers were thinking about what to do with the money around 1905 or WW1 about 1915. Maybe it got invested because why would anyone leave it in the ground when it became obvious that the civil war was over for good and they were getting old waiting for something that was not going to happen anyway. I do not know any more than you do so I welcome your thoughts about all of this. Could the money still be in the ground?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may want to start your own thread on this subject. It seems totally unrelated to this one......at least to me! :laughing7: Welcome to Tnet by the way!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread