Is This a Good Tumbler? Please Help....

dmoss8928

Jul 25, 2013
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's up guys I have decided to start cleaning the coins me and ad have found over the last 4 years. We have about 600 bucks worth so I have a lot of cleaning to do haha.... I found this one on Harbor Fright (Dual Drum Rotary Rock Tumbler) Will it do the job? What do you guys use a tumbler or vibrator (that don't sound right haha) What do you put in with the coins to help clean? Thanks guys and God Bless....

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a whole section on cleaning and preserving finds. You should be able to find answers to all your questions there. Much of the Harbor Freight stuff is pretty cheap, made in China. That's not to say it won't work but, how long will it last and what happens if it fails under warranty? My formula for tumbling coins is: dry laundry detergent, vinegar, aquarium gravel, and water. You may have to "burb" the drum a few times to relieve the pressure caused by the reaction of the vinegar and detergent. I usually shake and burb the drum a few times before placing it on the tumbler. Just don't mix copper and clad unless you want pink clad!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread