Is this an error coin.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100_4380.JPG 100_4381.JPG Found this in a Tot lot the rim is higher on one side also wider 1991 P. I also didn't think Philadelphia put mint marks. I am a total novice when it comes to anything about coins thank you for your knowledge in advance if it is an error, can you give a rough value.If you saw this coin in todays finds sorry didn't realize this forum existed.

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
not really an "error" . . . more just poor minting by the mint! I guess it is kind of a minor error. Maybe the collar die is a little worn out and making that effect. Or, it could be a minor mis-aligned die making that side of the rim larger. What-ever it is it wouldn't bring much $ over it's face value.

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not really an "error" . . . more just poor minting by the mint! I guess it is kind of a minor error. Maybe the collar die is a little worn out and making that effect. Or, it could be a minor mis-aligned die making that side of the rim larger. What-ever it is it wouldn't bring much $ over it's face value.
Thank you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread