Greatday05

Mar 20, 2014
Pittsfield, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Coiltech 15", Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2014-4-3 9-22-24.jpg 2014-4-3 9-21-29.jpg

I found this yesterday in a park and have no idea what it is? It is very thin and seems to be Chinese. If anyone can help identify this I would really appreciate it.

cmaracing

Mar 30, 2012
New Bedford, Mass
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett PP.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
check the weight, I found one the other day and my was 1.5 grams in realty the real coin was 2.5 grams..
1 cash coin. Emperor Qianlong (pronounced Chian-long), Qing Dynasty (Brass Casted)....

the image is not mine, but supplied by a very helpful person "GoldisGood" another dirt hunter....

Image is just for example...

Attachments

• NailedIt.jpg
    NailedIt.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Greatday05

Mar 20, 2014
Pittsfield, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Coiltech 15", Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe I have found the origin and approximate years of minting. I found one similar to it on ebay. It was minted in the years 1662 - 1722. Here is a post from ebay. 1662 1722 China Chinese Cash Coin VF | eBay It is very old, and very cheap to buy. There must be a ton of these out there because it is only worth about a $1.00. Still, for a really old coin it is cheap to come by. My only question is how did it get in the park 6 inches down?

JimVT36

Jan 19, 2014
Vermont
Primary Interest:
Other
Wonderful find. I have found several similar over the years and attributed It to "digging to deep". Get it :-)

Happy Hunting.. Nice post and great explanation from the TNET experts..

image-2284964292.jpg

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions