My first silver find ever!!

greg1186

Dec 19, 2013
Northern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now, I know this is not a super rare coin or anything... But to me it's priceless! 1937 mercury dime... First silver coin ever.. Took me 7 months to finally find one! Found with Garrett ace 350

image-1671401063.jpg

image-2926627803.jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your First! :occasion14:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find!! I had found DOZENS of clad dimes, possibly hundreds, and the first time I popped a silver Roosevelt out of the hole and seen the bright, shiny finish, I knew I had finally struck silver! I know exactly how you feel. And then..after calling my friend to tell him about my find..I had covered my hole up, not knowing what I had missed until I did a quick "sweep", and got another solid signal...from that same plug! I had forgot to re-check the hole, and upon opening it back up and digging 2 inches deeper, I pulled out my first Merc!! My first silver, first Merc, turned out to be a small silver spill. Thanks for sharing!! great stuff..ddf

OP
OP
greg1186

greg1186

Dec 19, 2013
Northern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find!! I had found DOZENS of clad dimes, possibly hundreds, and the first time I popped a silver Roosevelt out of the hole and seen the bright, shiny finish, I knew I had finally struck silver! I know exactly how you feel. And then..after calling my friend to tell him about my find..I had covered my hole up, not knowing what I had missed until I did a quick "sweep", and got another solid signal...from that same plug! I had forgot to re-check the hole, and upon opening it back up and digging 2 inches deeper, I pulled out my first Merc!! My first silver, first Merc, turned out to be a small silver spill. Thanks for sharing!! great stuff..ddf
thanks! I was really thankful it was a merc that popped out! I would have taken a silver Rosie but a merc just made it even better! Now I'm looking for silver washington

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My second fave coin behind the walking liberty half
Congrats

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember my first silver....two silver quarters 1944, 1945 stacked atop each other. great feeling. priceless....I love the mercs...I popped one today from under a nickel with the Ace 350....how deep? mine was about six inches but i was after a nickel at four inches...the merc was a surprise in the plug.

OP
OP
greg1186

greg1186

Dec 19, 2013
Northern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember my first silver....two silver quarters 1944, 1945 stacked atop each other. great feeling. priceless....I love the mercs...I popped one today from under a nickel with the Ace 350....how deep? mine was about six inches but i was after a nickel at four inches...the merc was a surprise in the plug.
the merc I found was between 4-5 inches down right beside this old looking bench

image-2673735701.jpg

Dr_Dig

Greenie
May 8, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I'm a newbie and I have found nothing but clad and trash......still looking for my first

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread