Help id Middle East coins

Denarius

May 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some coins from the Middle East that I've been trying to id for years but can't. Can anyone help me with them?
CIMG5609.JPG CIMG5610.JPG CIMG5611.JPG CIMG5612.JPG CIMG5613.JPG CIMG5614.JPG CIMG5615.JPG CIMG5616.JPG

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The reverse of the Hadrian coin depicts Jupiter, hurling thunderbolt with right hand and holding scepter in left, in quadriga right driven by Victory; ROMA incuse on raised tablet in exergue. The legend around the obverse is one used on Hadrian coins, but whether or not this is a real coin, I have no idea.
Don....

OP
OP
D

Denarius

May 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some coin shop people (They sell a lot of Roman coins) look at it and they didn't seem to think it was a fake. They thought it was a medal. My info is that it was originally found in northern Syria. Same goes for the coin with the temple. The one with the star is supposedly from Petra, Jordan.

OP
OP
D

Denarius

May 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There seem to be some small differences between mine and the one in the link but that's probably because of the condition of mine. I'm guessing that the one on auction is a reproduction/fake. Or is it? They sure look the same.
Oh and thanks a lot for finding it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Denarius

May 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'm gonna figure that mine is a fake too. Any idea about the other ones?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread