Unknown possible copper found - please help ID

angifogg

Apr 24, 2007
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this in a area of 1800's homes, about 7 inches down. Cannot make out ID though, head outline with wavy hair , lettering looks like "pereur" and "JE" with a wreath?

Your help on this is kindly appreciated :)

image-587270666.jpg

image-3258279634.jpg

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try holding a magnifying glass in front of the camera lens. You'll be able to get closer and get more detail. I'll bet somebody here can identify it. It just might be something good. Maybe a large cent from the 1700's.

Welcome to T-net

OP
OP
angifogg

angifogg

Apr 24, 2007
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was actually able to get some of the crud off with my fingernail. It appears to be a napoleon empereur coin, left bust, with no date. On the back appears to be a wreath with the letters "JE". I've Googled it, but nothing like this comes up?

Any ideas on how to ID the back side "JE"?

Thanks

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was actually able to get some of the crud off with my fingernail. It appears to be a napoleon empereur coin, left bust, with no date. On the back appears to be a wreath with the letters "JE". I've Googled it, but nothing like this comes up?

Any ideas on how to ID the back side "JE"?

Thanks

Are you sure it's not King Louis Philippe? I rotated your first picture and the bust seems more similar to him.

I'm thinking this may be a Jeton (token) ....and the JE appears to be a 5 letter word judging by the spacing, so it's not a surprise not much would come up in google.

I really don't know at this point, just brainstorming out loud.

Attachments

• 123456.jpg
    123456.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 149
OP
OP
angifogg

angifogg

Apr 24, 2007
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, it definitely says napoleon empereur on the front. I'm puzzled...

OP
OP
angifogg

angifogg

Apr 24, 2007
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
cannot see what is after Napoleon

OP
OP
angifogg

angifogg

Apr 24, 2007
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think I found it on EBAY -
[h=3]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Token-substitute-coin-FRANCE-LOUIS-NAPOLEON-III-JETON-/291135701930?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43c90a43aa[/h]
Thanks for your help Iron Patch :)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop the presses....

I think you are about halfway there, but I think you have a similar Jeton but a different bust. Obviously you still know the ID, but if you want an exact match it will take a little more looking. That's all assuming this is the correction orientation of it, which I believe it is because his ear is quite clear.

Attachments

• Image1.jpgggg.jpg
    Image1.jpgggg.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 95
OP
OP
angifogg

angifogg

Apr 24, 2007
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Stop the presses.... I think you are about halfway there, but I think you have a similar Jeton but a different bust. Obviously you still know the ID, but if you want an exact match it will take a little more looking. That's all assuming this is the correction orientation of it, which I believe it is because his ear is quite clear.

Thanks Iron Patch, your right that one I thought was not an exact match. I guess I'll keep Googling it until I can locate it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread