Pay spot for them?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend has 2 gold coins. He asked if I wanted to buy them. One is a 1/20 gold panda. The other is a 1/10 gold eagle. He just text me he got them from his grandma and wants to know what I'll give him before he goes to the lcs. Spot fare enough? I don't see him getting more, even though eBay is higher. But all the fees.... I think I would be happy adding them for spot price. Or would you offer less?

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell him you'll match the LCS price + buy him lunch. Win-Win.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell him you'll match the LCS price + buy him lunch. Win-Win.

I bought him star bucks last night. :) I'd put them away, as I was looking to buy a 1/10 in the next week anyways. I'm going to check them out tonight. There is about 100 silver coins as well all common date stuff besides 1. I think its a restrike from an original from 1795. But if I recall they sell around $100-150. A Spanish reale ? I'll get a pic of it today.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I bought him star bucks last night. :) I'd put them away, as I was looking to buy a 1/10 in the next week anyways. I'm going to check them out tonight. There is about 100 silver coins as well all common date stuff besides 1. I think its a restrike from an original from 1795. But if I recall they sell around $100-150. A Spanish reale ? I'll get a pic of it today.

You may be thinking of an Austrian Maria Teresa Thaler. They have (I think) 0.750 oz AG and generally go for a few dollars over melt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread