Need help

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Learned on Bounty Hunter Junior, then Tracker IV, and now using the Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey I was coin collecting for a long time and all I have is wheat pennies... Never found silver or anything. And FYI I've been hunting for a year or over. And if anybody has any silver coins they don't want can I have them? I just want to start a coin collection and can't because I can't find anything please if anybody has any coins they don't want can I please have them? Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep hunting....you'll find some silver eventually. It's not all that easy for anyone to find silver coins these days so I doubt anyone is going to give theirs up. Good Luck!

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep hunting....you'll find some silver eventually. It's not all that easy for anyone to find silver coins these days so I doubt anyone is going to give theirs up. Good Luck!

I've been searching for over a year now still don't have any and I just started out and just have wheat pennies... I don't have any silver. And I'm a girl.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The detector doesn't care what your gender is. Do some research to find old areas and keep hunting. You'll find silver.

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The detector doesn't care what your gender is. Do some research to find old areas and keep hunting. You'll find silver.

I've been doing that forever and didn't find anything

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask for Gold next and you will still get no givers, ask for pennies you might, but Silver and Gold coins have a higher monetary value so people hang on to those,I doubt anyone will give their coins away.

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ask for Gold next and you will still get no givers, ask for pennies you might, but Silver and Gold coins have a higher monetary value so people hang on to those,I doubt anyone will give their coins away.

They don't have to give them away in my post I also said that I will buy coins.

SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are starting to collect I recommend a local coin shop. If you just want to detect for silver then there are 2 things important to finding it, research and patience. I've been detecting for 6 and a half years and have found 3 silvers. If this was an easy hobby, everybody would be doing it. It will come eventually. Good luck

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are starting to collect I recommend a local coin shop. If you just want to detect for silver then there are 2 things important to finding it, research and patience. I've been detecting for 6 and a half years and have found 3 silvers. If this was an easy hobby, everybody would be doing it. It will come eventually. Good luck
Thanks for the good luck hopefully it helps :(

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep it civil and post by our rules, no insults or attacks....

You can't post asking members to send money and only Charter Members can sell anything here.

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please keep it civil and post by our rules, no insults or attacks.... You can't post asking members to send money and only Charter Members can sell anything here.

Sorry but he was bring very mean and I felt the need to insult them back soooo yeah

offtrail

Apr 28, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been looking for hundred dollar bills and can't find any...:dontknow: Just having a little fun:laughing7: like others have said keep looking, you will find some. Sure you can go buy some silver but it will be nothing like finding your first silver coin. It's like getting your first kiss but better.

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been looking for hundred dollar bills and can't find any...:dontknow: Just having a little fun:laughing7: like others have said keep looking, you will find some. Sure you can go buy some silver but it will be nothing like finding your first silver coin. It's like getting your first kiss but better.

Lol don't remind that I didn't get my first kiss yet either haha :(

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The best part of coin collecting as a true hobbyist is the thrill of the HUNT. Sure it's going to take time, not over night, most likely years. It's easy to just go to a local coin shop and BUY coins, but it's not the same thrill of the hunt, regardless of how they are found and not bought.

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The best part of coin collecting as a true hobbyist is the thrill of the HUNT. Sure it's going to take time, not over night, most likely years. It's easy to just go to a local coin shop and BUY coins, but it's not the same thrill of the hunt, regardless of how they are found and not bought.

Do you have any coins you don't want?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a moderator already said it's not cool to ask members for money. Makes you look like a bum asking for spare change.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but he was bring very mean and I felt the need to insult them back soooo yeah

It doesn't work that way. Just like in sports, 2 get in fight they both get thrown out, "he started it" is not a valid excuse here....

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not just delete this whole thread- or atleast move it to the "wanted" section in the classifieds

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It doesn't work that way. Just like in sports, 2 get in fight they both get thrown out, "he started it" is not a valid excuse here....

Then maybe they shouldn't start crap with people that make their own posts.......

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then maybe they shouldn't start crap with people that make their own posts.......

I think your perspective is off. Maybe you should sit back and think about our perspective.

We look for/buy the coins we collect. Either we work hard to find them, or we work hard to earn money to buy them.

We also work hard to learn about them to make the best possible decisions.

Someone comes and asks for free silver or gold coins. Then they try to use emotion/empathy to sway us (It's hard, I'm a girl, never kissed a guy, etc).

If you try to use ploys like that in the real world (jobs, school, etc.) eventually it will backfire. You could get in trouble, lose your job, etc.

Not to mention, there's the satisfaction of doing it yourself. I got into this hobby and learned as much as I could as I went along. I am still learning almost daily, and this is just a hobby, not my profession. I'm proud of what I do and what I have, and I am happy to share my knowledge with people in real life.

I have a book of wheat pennies. There are some semi-key dates, but they are all in circulated condition. I don't care, and I won't buy replacements in a higher grade.

Because i can always open that book up and say "I worked to find these and it is an accomplishment."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions