Error or Damaged?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
It appears to be a Rim Cud from a Die Break! Can you get a better closeup of the coin and especially the cud and post them here?

Frank

OP
OP
B

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It appears to be a Rim Cud from a Die Break! Can you get a better closeup of the coin and especially the cud and post them here?

Frank

I'll try to get a better one on my lunch break. It might have to wait until I get home tonight.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
That is good enough! Yes, it is an overlapping Rim Cud due to a break in the Die. Due to having the Die Break and that the coin is in fairly decent condition (maybe EF to near AU) , the Die Break Error could result in your coin fetching anywhere from $10 to $50 depending upon how much someone is willing to pay to own it. Check eBay's Sold Auctions for Roosevelt Dimes with Cuds to see what similar coins brought. It is a nice find that you don't find too often!

Frank

OP
OP
B

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That is good enough! Yes, it is an overlapping Rim Cud due to a break in the Die. Due to having the Die Break and that the coin is in fairly decent condition (maybe EF to near AU) , the Die Break Error could result in your coin fetching anywhere from $10 to $50 depending upon how much someone is willing to pay to own it. Check eBay's Sold Auctions for Roosevelt Dimes with Cuds to see what similar coins brought. It is a nice find that you don't find too often!

Frank

If I was to list it on eBay to try and sell it, what would I need to list it as (like what would I need to say to get the best bids)? I see some just saying cud and some saying die break cud, etc. I don't know much about errors so I don't know the difference in any of this stuff. I just got it in my change and was curious about it.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
You would list the Date, Mint Mark, Series and Denomination of the coin and then give where the Error is and what type of Error (nice Die Break Cud) in the Title. Something like this in the title "1999-P Roosevelt Dime with nice Reverse Die Break Cud from K-12:30 to K-2:00". You can give a condition of the coin but use a "Disclaimer" in the Listing Description that they should view the pics of the coin and determine the condition of the coin and error before bidding. The key is a great description of the coin and error and really great pics. You might might want to check out the higher price sold Auctions on eBay to get an idea as to how these auctions brought more than others, so in other words, do some research.

Good luck!

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You would list the Date, Mint Mark, Series and Denomination of the coin and then give where the Error is and what type of Error (nice Die Break Cud) in the Title. Something like this in the title "1999-P Roosevelt Dime with nice Reverse Die Break Cud from K-12:30 to K-2:00". You can give a condition of the coin but use a "Disclaimer" in the Listing Description that they should view the pics of the coin and determine the condition of the coin and error before bidding. The key is a great description of the coin and error and really great pics. You might might want to check out the higher price sold Auctions on eBay toy get an idea as to how these auctions brought more than others, so in other words, do some research.

Good luck!

Frank

Thank you so much!

OP
OP
B

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hate to bump my old post here, but thanks Frank for the help with this. Sold the dime recently on eBay for $28 shipped. The buyer was thrilled to have it!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Hate to bump my old post here, but thanks Frank for the help with this. Sold the dime recently on eBay for $28 shipped. The buyer was thrilled to have it!

Great and I hope that you are happy with getting that price for it! IMHO, that was a very good price for a Dime with a fairly small Die Break Cud.

Frank

OP
OP
B

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Great and I hope that you are happy with getting that price for it! IMHO, that was a very good price for a Dime with a fairly small Die Break Cud.

Frank

I listed it for $50 OBO. I started it high just to see the interest in it. Had about 5 or 6 watchers in about a week, and about an hour after I listed it, I got a low ball offer for $17, that was retracted immediately (I guess to see if I had a price threshold.) I got about 5 more offers, then the low baller offered $17 again the day it was supposed to end. Turns out he sold them on eBay too and was just wanting a good deal so he could resell it. The guy that ended up with it seemed very friendly to talk to and was excited to get it. Both sides walked away happy here. :)

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I listed it for $50 OBO. I started it high just to see the interest in it. Had about 5 or 6 watchers in about a week, and about an hour after I listed it, I got a low ball offer for $17, that was retracted immediately (I guess to see if I had a price threshold.) I got about 5 more offers, then the low baller offered $17 again the day it was supposed to end. Turns out he sold them on eBay too and was just wanting a good deal so he could resell it. The guy that ended up with it seemed very friendly to talk to and was excited to get it. Both sides walked away happy here. :)

Congrats! You had a great strategy, stuck with it and came out with a fair price. You can't ask for more than that!

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions