coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to one of my favorite antique stores yesterday and picked out the usual, a pound of world coins for $10. I usually have some luck with them but I didn't know how lucky I actually was going to be today. Got a few good coins- 1895 10 Rappen from Switzerland, Old Turkish 10 Paisa, and 1884 and 1888 Canadian one cents. Then out it came; the best coin I have ever gotten, but at the time I didn't know it. I thought it was like all the other proofs I have- worth no more than $10. Then I went home and looked at my jumbo price guide. I found out that "ordinary proof" had only 25 minted and was so valuable it didn't have a price for it. I was so surprised I thought my eyes were going to pop right out of my head! Once I got myself together, I looked on NGC World Coin Price Guide. They didn't even have a price for it! The coin: an Ecuador 1988 1 Sucre PROOF!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post a photo. Chances are it's not a true proof. If it is, it's probably an impaired proof at this point, seeing how it was tossed into a bin with other coins rubbing up against it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions