Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. Good luck with that attitude if you ever decide to sell something on ebay.

I have been selling on eBay since 1999 and have over 5,000 positive feedback 👍
And also selling live rare coral online for the last 8 years.

I have heard every excuse there is. If it wasn't buyers remorse he wouldn't have paid for it. It's is very simple to retract a bid or send someone an email regarding an incorrect bid. You don't find it strange that he actually payed for the item ? Do you know how many times I have heard that my phone has gotten hacked or someone else placed the bid on my phone ? It is the top excuse when someone gets caught up in a bidding war. Gotta love the fact that not only did they hack his ebay account but also guessed his password for PayPal too. But now he is back in control after the auction ended

Typical buyers remorse

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been selling on eBay since 1999 and have over 5,000 positive feedback 
And also selling live rare coral online for the last 8 years.

I have heard every excuse there is. If it wasn't buyers remorse he wouldn't have paid for it. It's is very simple to retract a bid or send someone an email regarding an incorrect bid. You don't find it strange that he actually payed for the item ? Do you know how many times I have heard that my phone has gotten hacked or someone else placed the bid on my phone ? It is the top excuse when someone gets caught up in a bidding war. Gotta love the fact that not only did they hack his ebay account but also guessed his password for PayPal too. But now he is back in control after the auction ended

Typical buyers remorse

I never disagreed with you on the buyer's remorse statement.

You said "You have every right to keep the money and ship the item as it is a binding contract". I am saying that if you take that attitude and ship the item to a buyer against their wishes, then you are creating a headache for yourself. It doesn't matter what YOU think. It matters what paypal's policy states and whether or not the buyer will be able to use the system to eventually return the item, regardless of the "binding contract".

This isnt about "principle" or proving a point. It is about making a smart business decision.

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never disagreed with you on the buyer's remorse statement. You said "You have every right to keep the money and ship the item as it is a binding contract". I am saying that if you take that attitude and ship the item to a buyer against their wishes, then you are creating a headache for yourself. It doesn't matter what YOU think. It matters what paypal's policy states and whether or not the buyer will be able to use the system to eventually return the item, regardless of the "binding contract". This isnt about "principle" or proving a point. It is about making a smart business decision.

PayPal would side with the seller in this case. Unless there was something wrong in the description. Or if the seller allows returns. There is no claim option for buyers remorse

It's also me getting annoyed with the way most buyers operate on eBay. Now a days. Years ago it was friendly transactions and very easy to do business but as sellers There are so many scams and inconsiderate people out there. It makes selling on eBay painful. Don't even get me started about credit card chargebacks to PayPal

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
PayPal would side with the seller in this case. Unless there was something wrong in the description. Or if the seller allows returns. There is no claim option for buyers remorse

It's also me getting annoyed with the way most buyers operate on eBay. Now a days. Years ago it was friendly transactions and very easy to do business but as sellers There are so many scams and inconsiderate people out there. It makes selling on eBay painful. Don't even get me started about credit card chargebacks to PayPal

Suit yourself. :dontknow:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never disagreed with you on the buyer's remorse statement.

You said "You have every right to keep the money and ship the item as it is a binding contract". I am saying that if you take that attitude and ship the item to a buyer against their wishes, then you are creating a headache for yourself. It doesn't matter what YOU think. It matters what paypal's policy states and whether or not the buyer will be able to use the system to eventually return the item, regardless of the "binding contract".

This isnt about "principle" or proving a point. It is about making a smart business decision.
Yup, getting negative feedback isn't worth the hassle of one sale. Offer it to the other bidder or re-list it.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will be interested to see what you actually sell it for. I looked at a set of the same thing last week - common circulated dollar coins in slabs and a fancy wooden box - and made an offer treating them like raw coins. Maybe I should offer more!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will be interested to see what you actually sell it for. I looked at a set of the same thing last week - common circulated dollar coins in slabs and a fancy wooden box - and made an offer treating them like raw coins. Maybe I should offer more!

yes if all of you could please bid the same coin up to $100 that be great! Then I could get what it was worth out of it. Lol. It's crazy with the how high it went to begin with. I bet it goes to $23.

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So why did the other bidder get so crazy at the same time. Getting caught up is one thing....4 times value or so, is another. Sounds weird to me.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a bunch of bs. Buyers remorse. He may have made a mistake with bidding. But....... He paid for it. Which means he new how much he won it for. Technically speaking. You have every right to keep the money and ship the item as it is a binding contract. I don't buy the story for one second. There was another bidder goig against him correct?

Or you could take the money you spend to ship the coin and just burn it.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Different ebay issue: I had a leading bidder retract his bid yesterday. Never seen that before. Claimed he typed in the wrong bid amount, but did not type in a new bid. Just disappeared.

It is a gold double eagle, so I think he had second thoughts about the amount he was spending.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
As long as it is done before the end of the auction (well, more than 24 hours before the end of the auction), nothing you can do. Doesn't matter the reason.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread