Cashier coin hunting find this week..

SyrocoKid

Sep 12, 2014
Syracuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fifty hours at work this week, forty+ hours running the register. I cracked 9 rolls of quarters, 11 rolls of dimes, maybe fifteen nickel rolls and many pennies.

Over the course of the week, I had customers make payments with a two dollar bill, 6 clad halves, 3 Eisenhower dollars, and handfuls of quarters with Canadian quarters hidden within.

My silver take for the week was 25 cents worth face value in the form of a 1943 war nickel, 1953 and 1964 Rosie.

The nickel was tucked in a roll at the beginning of the week. The first Rosie was two days afterwards used with two quarters to buy a 53 cent cigar. The second Rosie came to me in $1.10 worth of coins to purchase a dollar drink.

Perhaps after I work all these hours, I can afford to dip my toes into coin roll hunting! Thank you for reading about my week!

OP
OP
SyrocoKid

SyrocoKid

Sep 12, 2014
Syracuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exciting start of the week!

Before I share the good news from this morning, I'm happy to say two Rosie's came my way last week. A 52' and a 56'.

One was used in payment for a bag of chips and the other helped purchase a cigar.

This morning at 6am, a man came in and purchased $7.30 worth of gas with ten halves and dimes.

Two clad. The rest...

Attachments

• image-1757503966.jpg
    image-1757503966.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 142
  • image-3174131403.jpg
    image-3174131403.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 131

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lucky you! if you see that guy again, offer him a nice warm smile, it will make his day.

OP
OP
SyrocoKid

SyrocoKid

Sep 12, 2014
Syracuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All my customers get a wide smile. I pride myself in my professionalism.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lucky you! if you see that guy again, offer him a nice warm smile, it will make his day.

And ask him for more half dollars! I tell the tellers my kids love them for payment after doing their chores! And I love watching them spend them because half the cashiers don't even know what they are!!

OP
OP
SyrocoKid

SyrocoKid

Sep 12, 2014
Syracuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a customer named Bill that loves getting halves and Eisenhowers in his change. If I have any clad, I get it to him. He gives it to his daugher for her piggy bank.

OP
OP
SyrocoKid

SyrocoKid

Sep 12, 2014
Syracuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be starting a new job at Costco sometime next week and my days of a cashier may be over. That being said, a 64 Rosie was sitting in the drawer during my shift last night. Maybe the boss is sprinkling silver in the till.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be starting a new job at Costco sometime next week and my days of a cashier may be over. That being said, a 64 Rosie was sitting in the drawer during my shift last night. Maybe the boss is sprinkling silver in the till.

My brother worked at Costco for a number of years. He was in charge of the cashiers and ordered $ for the club. It was around the time that the statehood quarters were just starting. Anyway, I noticed back then that BU rolls of the new quarters were selling for a premium and he said he could get them from Costco so he would order them & I'd sell them. We were getting $40 a roll for them on eBay! We made a nice chunk of change until his coworkers caught on & started doing it. Eventually his supervisor cut him off but not before we made $$$$ (that's an estimate for tax purposes).

Some other great finds came from that job too. He would see the change for all the tills. He pulled a lot of silver dimes and some silver quarters. The coolest find though was a nice Fine 1921-S Buffalo nickel key date. He gave it to me as a gift and I still have it. Pretty amazing how that coin got into a roll.

So if you can make your way into that job while you are there, go for it!

OP
OP
SyrocoKid

SyrocoKid

Sep 12, 2014
Syracuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool bluff! It's funny you mention buffalo nickels, one came my way today. I also keep on getting funky foreign coins. I'm getting quite a collection.

Attachments

• image-2198966532.jpg
    image-2198966532.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 107
  • image-746521613.jpg
    image-746521613.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 104

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
well you sure are having a nice week. congrats!

OP
OP
SyrocoKid

SyrocoKid

Sep 12, 2014
Syracuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new Costco opened in Syracuse today. I was able to watch the ribbon cutting ceremony and I shook the hand of the CEO. Exciting yet exhausting week. 4 foreign coins came my way this week. I consider the one pictured as highlight find of my week. It actually came while I was off the clock, but I stopped by the gas station after leaving Costco, and my coworker told me he had a coin in the drawer that I would be interested in.

OP
OP
SyrocoKid

SyrocoKid

Sep 12, 2014
Syracuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here they are...

Attachments

• image-1353927559.jpg
    image-1353927559.jpg