New guy here, not sure if this is even a coin, but...

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey y'all,

Maybe I should have posted in 'What is it?' rather than coins, because I have no idea if this is even a coin, though I figured if it is a coin you'd be the guys to ask. But anyway, found this in Southern Ontario, 10 inches down around a baseball diamond that used to be farmed at least back to the 1850s. Nearby there was also a very old nail and a very old chunk of rust. I've attached 2 pictures. The super closeup view makes the coin look all convex and chunky but really to the naked eye it appears flat and like a coin. IT IS ABOUT THE SIZE OF A CANADIAN OR AMERICAN NICKEL

On the first picture, on the bottom right of the front of the coin (southeast if you imagine a compass) you can see what looks like some lettering. maybe a C or G and then maybe an I.

Maybe it's not a coin? Maybe a charm or an emblem of some sort? Anyway it looks old, and looks like it may have been caught by the plow a few times. It's all a mystery to me.

Can anyone help me figure out what this thing is?

Thank you and happy hunting,

John coin1.jpg coin2.jpg

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any idea as to its composition?

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there Showtime2385, I'd maybe guess that it is made out of copper.

Last edited:

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
My guess is that you have found yourself a genuine piece of somethingorother. A perfect thingumabob.

All I see there are suspicions, no proof of anything. I doubt you will ever find out what it was.

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, you know Mackaydon that's a pretty good point, that colouration could be where the shank once joined the button.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread