Look down...

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all, I had been out detecting with a friend and the place turned out to be a bust so I called my wife and had her come pick me up. I told her to bring her detector and we would detect a few pullouts on the highway as we headed home. She got there and we went by a spot at an intersection where some old diggings came down almost to the highway. She started detecting and I walked over to the edge of the diggings and started detecting. Within a few minutes got a booming signal with my GB Pro. I looked down a saw what I thought was a large flake of gold. I thought to myself, WOW! I reached down to pick the piece up and saw that it was a gold coin.

The coin turned out to be a 1843 D (Dahlonega,Georgia) two and a half dollar/Quarter Eagle. It has the large D and large date. Thanks, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Attached Thumbnails

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd vote banner on that if I could see the pics. Anyway, it's a great find, and the Dahlonega mintmark just makes it that much greater! Congrats.

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's somethin' rare you got there! It's worth around $4500! If you want a banner, your best bet is to post in the Today's Finds category.

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner coin. Post it in todays finds as suggested.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread