Key date morgan Yard sale find

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pick this up today at a yard sale. Spent $15 on it along with another one a common date and 7 1/2 dollars as well. Under spot. But I think the grade is pretty nice for it... 1902 S

image-2695993965.jpg

image-3224707247.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice Find !

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife was on Mcgregor this am, told me about the guy who was selling proof sets for $5, but since she thought that I have all of the sets up to early 60's, that I wouldn't be interested....I lost it.:BangHead:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Have it checked. Just a "feeling" that something dosn't look right. The Chinese fakes are really good these days. Weigh it if you have the ability as well. If it's good it's a great score.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have it checked. Just a "feeling" that something dosn't look right. The Chinese fakes are really good these days. Weigh it if you have the ability as well. If it's good it's a great score.

If it's fake it's pretty good. I bought a another one with it. Along with seven a half dollars. And she had it with a whole bunch of other regular dollar coins as well. I got a lot of really really really good jewelry at the same house, I posted it in the yard sale form.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife was on Mcgregor this am, told me about the guy who was selling proof sets for $5, but since she thought that I have all of the sets up to early 60's, that I wouldn't be interested....I lost it.:BangHead:

That will teach you not to go with her! Lol. That stinks. But you should tell her to never do that again although coming across that very often is probably not common.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
why don't the yard sales around here ever have coins?

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why don't the yard sales around here ever have coins?

I have to ask. And I do ask about at about 1 out of 10 stops. But she had all of her jewelry laid out on the table and I picked out what I wanted and I saw the ring on her finger and I asked if that was for sale two just had a curiosity and she said yes! They both are!!! so I bought them both! Then she said she has another gold ring inside and come in to her garage and let her husband take care of the rest of the stuff. So at that point I asked if she had any coins as well. she had probably $100 and Eisenhower dollars but I don't want them. but I had to separate them all out for her and I just told her to take those to the bank or spend them for tips when They go out to lunch or something. She had a five dollar gold coin mounted in a bracelet but she wanted to $2000 for that. I just left with what I had, happy as can be! Until I came home and actually looked up the prices of the coins and I was a lot happier.

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the yard sales near where I live are full of nothing old; all new stuff and NOTHING collectable, emphasis on nothing. By the way, that's a great coin, Beachkid! If it's real, and I believe so, it's worth around $190.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to keep this one. I have a ton of other stuff that's just stuff. But the Morgan is going to stay in the safe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread