Garrett AT pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If we knew that we would be rich :)

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What to say, what to do... :BangHead: I just made this thread to ask you guys one question that's been on my mind lately. Do you think silver and gold and precious metals in general will take a spike up in price within, say, the next 6 months? Maybe specifically around christmas time, like usual as it seems?

Time to buy a 10 oz bar at apmex. I would like to see $10-12 / oz. since it has dropped I have a found a lot more at yard sales. And average on 75 Sterling Silver rounds have sold between $25-30 apiece. Some higher up to 50. I don't know if it will spike or not as long as energy keeps going down and gas, silver and gold are going to do the same. I'm putting myself in a position to just buy and resell instead of keeping it... however I do have a thing for 10oz bars lately....

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I don't see silver spiking any time soon. I expect the gradual downward drift to continue through 2015. I have no supporting evidence for this claim.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was fun while it lasted. Glad I got rid of mine when it was still worth something. I wouldn't be surprised if silver dropped back to $5/oz.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it's going to correct at around $13.50/oz. for 2015

I remember when it went to $11.00 in the late 80's with the Hunt Brothers ( I worked at a photographic film ane paper producer and it near killed us). Had been just over $7 for years before that

Interest rates are coming up and that will drive stocks and precious metals down.

ag85-pres.gif

mortgagechart_2.jpg
image003.jpg

Silver is anti-inflation. And the rates should drive inflation up.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread