1957 Wheat Penny Error

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
I looked it up online it has SOME symptoms however it does not have a edge like that and it would be a little more scratched up

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking this cent may have been encased at one time.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first thought was that it was an encased cent, the only error that I could think it may be is a partial collar error.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
I discovered this error while putting as many wheat pennies in my plastic tubes as I can!

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Thank you I did some research and now I think it is a broadstrike error. What do you think?

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, not a broadstrike, a broastrike is a coin that is struck completely out of the collar, the edge would not be stepped as it is on your cent.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have collected coins for well over 40 years, BUT, errors are not my thing. As stated before, my first thought was that it has been removed from some kind of encasement, the only error that I can think that it could be is a partial collar error. A partial collar error is a coin that is struck only partly in the collar. You could check with an error expert for an opinion.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still Struggling on how to take pics instead of a 5 minute video on nonsense? Also, AS ALWAYS, you made duplicate posts on the same thing . I give it to you thou, this one is actually in the right spot.

Not trying to be a Dik...But members have been telling (Suggesting) on how to post properly.

I would love to see the coin, but im not watching another shaking video to "maybe" catch a glimpse of what you are talking about

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, it is really hard to see in the video, but after spending some time looking, I think it is a partial collar error. As I have said, I am no error expert but that is my best guess.

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Thank you I actually agree it just might be a partial collar error

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Still Struggling on how to take pics instead of a 5 minute video on nonsense? Also, AS ALWAYS, you made duplicate posts on the same thing . I give it to you thou, this one is actually in the right spot.

Not trying to be a Dik...But members have been telling (Suggesting) on how to post properly.

I would love to see the coin, but im not watching another shaking video to "maybe" catch a glimpse of what you are talking about

Hey I have put a lot of hours on these videos. And I only do videos on topics on which a picture is not enough. However I have been taking suggestions on how to make clearer better videos. I have been told to shoot horizontal. I do now. Move phone back for better image. I do now. I need the negative criticism but still it would be nice to have a Nice comment from u for once Digging in the Dumps!!!!!!!!

Jolteon

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I have put a lot of hours on these videos. And I only do videos on topics on which a picture is not enough. However I have been taking suggestions on how to make clearer better videos. I have been told to shoot horizontal. I do now. Move phone back for better image. I do now. I need the negative criticism but still it would be nice to have a Nice comment from u for once Digging in the Dumps!!!!!!!!

Jolteon

I do apologize...You do have some great coins....It maybe a little jealously that seeps out in my comments ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread