UPDATE: 1909S VDB, thoughts? Real? Grade? Value?

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to Treasure Net !
The price you paid would be a fair one for a VDB no S, but with the S, the price would normally be in excess of $1500 in MS-62 condition. Hard to believe that a pawn shop would have missed the S, but stranger things have happened. Fantastic save if the coin is real. You may wish to resubmit for a grading confirmation.
Don....

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would stop back at this place about every week if I were you. What a nice coin!!! Congratulations!!!

CoinHuntingDrew

Dec 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May want to look up the serial # in the pcgs registry. The hologram for the pcgs logo looks a bit strange from the pic

OP
OP
B

buncle

Aug 5, 2011
May want to look up the serial # in the pcgs registry. The hologram for the pcgs logo looks a bit strange from the pic

I purchased this coin raw and sent in in myself. I had posted the raw pictures he a while back. Someone linked it in this thread. I just go it back and it is real.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations. The first one I've seen here.

My son supposedly got one from a friend and sent me pics, but I don't believe it.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Finally someone turned the tables on the pawn guy. You know what the coolest part is? That you talked him down ten bucks! That's hilarious. Congrats on an amazing, once in a lifetime bargain!

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's a score of a lifetime there. Congrats on the succes. I would hold on to that coin if I was you. And if your looking to turn a profit I'm sure you could probaly get rid of it on here for a $100 or so :laughing7:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
glad it happened to a Tnet member, and not some random Joe... congrats on a once in a 1000 lifetimes find.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You really found a great deal at the pawn shop.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on one heck of a find and deal! I have made some good finds and deals over the years but never one of that magnitude.

Frank

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on an amazing score. Don't know how much good it will do ya, but you got my vote for banner, because this T-Netter is SUPER happy for/envious of ya...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread