WHITES COINMASTER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Astoria,

I use the 2 X 2 flips to display buttons without the shanks and small flat finds. They are great since you can write on the paper edges describing the item. The mylar flips also are great for the above items. “Dustywallen” is correct; EBay or any coin shop will be able to supply all you need.

Regards,

Jan 1, 2015
Minnesnowta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was curious as well.. Do you need to get the specific holders for each denomination? Cent. Nick, Dime, etc.. Or does one hold most of them other than a quarter or half?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't need the right size, but they look better. Any coin shops or hobby lobby carries them.

Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a word to the wise.....

After stapling the coin into the 2x2, flatten out the Staples on the reverse side. I usually use the end of a pen and flatten out the staples. All too often, one of the prongs of the staple is protruding. When you then put that 2x2 into a sheet holder, it can (and will) scratch other coins in the book!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What Groovedymond said. I have a little Swingline Tot that uses small staples and puts them in flush. If you aren't careful they stick up above the cardboard and will scratch the other coins or tear the window.

I like the cardboard coin flips for nickel size down and the archival flips for larger coins (note that some are Vinyl and are supposed to only be temporary storage).

Guardhouse 2x2 Staple-type Coin Flips

2 x 2 Archival Safe Coin Flips Single Pocket 1,000 Bulk Pack - Coin Supply Express

Last edited:
OP
OP
ASTORIA

ASTORIA

Jan 1, 2015
ASTORIA OREGON
Detector(s) used
WHITES COINMASTER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks for the feedback guys and gals! i ordered some for 19.00 on amazon.com i can't wait for tim to get here

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was wondering the same, and was also curious if anyone uses coin albums and which ones? I wanted to have a general coin album that I could place all my silver and neater coins into without having to worry about flips and have one place to go for all my non-key date silver. The albums are really expensive that uses the plastic insert sheets.

I was looking at the Lighthouse Optima albums and covers. The album is around $45 or more and the inserts looked to be about $6 for two sheets. Is there anything cheaper that works as well as this?

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are several sellers on Ebay that sell flips in mixed sizes or one size at a very good price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread