Possibly found a LEGITIMATE seller of Unsearched rolls?

CoinHuntingDrew

Dec 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eBay Feedback Profile for coinloop

I don't know if the reviews are completely legit and telling the truth, but one guy said he found a 1909 S VDB that wasn't an ender, and another completely different guy managed to find a 1909 S.

On the second page, someone ended up paying $27.00 for the roll, and apparently inside there were 2 copper nickel 1859-1864's?

Not sure how I feel about this..?

It's also highly possible that the reviews were plants that are associated with the seller. Not saying that's the case, just a possibility.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
IMHO and experience, most of these so-called "Unsearched Rolls" of Wheat and Indian Head Cents have been searched and is a ruse to boost the price that the rolls bring! Quite a few Sellers of these have been exposed but yet, eBay does little to nothing about them due to the fees that they collect for sales of these auctions. Some Buyers never post Feedback for Sellers and this and other Sellers of these rolls may have convinced eBay to remve some Neutral and Negative Feedback from their' Profiles. Personally, I would never pay the prices that these probable searched, salted and/or made up rolls bring!

Frank

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion all unsearched roll sellers are scammers. Who in their right mind would ever have a roll with a 1909 vdb showing and not open and search it for the S mint mark. The unsearched roll is just a scam to sell rolls of coins for more then they are worth.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The crimping doesn't even look right - I would steer clear.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One buyer even claimed to have found a 1907 s Indian head!

Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the old saying goes, "A fool and his money are soon parted.".
Thomas Tusser (1524-1580) proverb from "Five Hundred Points of Good Husbandry ".

And... "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!".
Better Business Beurau since 1954

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't have so much money that I can be tricked by a trap like this. I think it is the end product of a bull...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMO, I do not believe a seller statement: "unsearched roll" of anything. Think of the probability of a valuable coin in (loose coin wrap) the roll, then examine the probability of it being the number one coin facing outward. Possible, but unlikely. Now, if it was an estate sale or yard sale with old wrappings, a tight paper roll and very cheap price; I say go for it.

sckimbershot

Feb 1, 2014
Low Country South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero

Garrett Sea Hunter 11
Primary Interest:
Other
I inherited 35lbs. of pennies that were almost 100% wheat. I laid down one day and started looking through them--didn't take long before I got board out of my mind. Copper was selling for about $4.30/lb--so I put them on ebay--bidding starting at the "scrap" value knowing that whoever wanted them could do the search and/or sell wheat cents at a community event. Great all around deal for the both of us. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
C

CoinHuntingDrew

Dec 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I inherited 35lbs. of pennies that were almost 100% wheat. I laid down one day and started looking through them--didn't take long before I got board out of my mind. Copper was selling for about $4.30/lb--so I put them on ebay--bidding starting at the "scrap" value knowing that whoever wanted them could do the search and/or sell wheat cents at a community event. Great all around deal for the both of us. :icon_thumright:

I have the patience for that, personally. I've searched hundreds of lbs of wheat cents in my lifetime, and I can tell you I've pulled out some pretty nice dates, lol.

But yeah, sometimes it gets boring. But hey, sometimes you find really nice stuff mixed in. I found a 1936 cent that was mixed in with a bunch of 1940-1958 cents at my LCS, and it was 20% off center. It grades about an VF-XF.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the patience for that, personally. I've searched hundreds of lbs of wheat cents in my lifetime, and I can tell you I've pulled out some pretty nice dates, lol.

But yeah, sometimes it gets boring. But hey, sometimes you find really nice stuff mixed in. I found a 1936 cent that was mixed in with a bunch of 1940-1958 cents at my LCS, and it was 20% off center. It grades about an VF-XF.

I once had the patience but no longer. In 1979 or 1980 (I can't remember which year), I got fiberglass in my' right eye and spent 2 1/2 hours in the hospital having it irragated in an attempt to get all of the fiberglass out. However, it did not get it all out and around 2002, the fiberglass begin screwing with the optic nerve in my' eye...especially if I spent much time viewing coins with a Gem Loupe. It wasn't so bad at first but a few years later, I started getting migraines in my' eyeball and can now only spend short spirts of viewing coins looking for errors and varieties. If I persist and spend too much time viewing coins, then the migraines migrate up my' head to the back and I call these Harvey Wallbangers because Harvey could bang his' head against the wall and it would not hurt any worse. I will probably lose the sight in my right eye someday due to the fiberglass but until then, I do the best that I can. The irony is that I have around 5,100 Wheat Cents in a Bank Bag that I only searched around 150 before I gave up and will be selling them on eBay soon since I can't really search them. I had a young lady go through them to give me an assessment of the date ranges and they range from several 1909-P's and one 1909-P VDB to 1958. The majority are 30's, 40's and 50's but there are a fair assortment of teens and 20's and also some 1910's, 1911's and 1912's in the bag. My days of searching one to two thousand coins a night and finding 20 to 50 error coins and a few Double Dies a night are long gone!

Frank

Last edited:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found an old coin collection in a house I cleaned out. metal ammunition boxes full of rolled wheat pennies. I searched some of the partial rolls and found a few IH pennies too, to include a 1877. It was very boring until halfway thru I cam across it.

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
someone just sold a few "unsearched" rolls of morgans on ebay... im real interested in what the buyers have to say.. looks like they all sold for at least 3k each!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread