008.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 92

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
While I have found and owned many coins with cracked planchets, I am on the fence with this one! From the edge of the coin through the rim and down the Reverse, it appears to be exactly that. However, I have never seen one with such a uniform slice on the Obverse and can only wonder if the coin took a hit in this location which actually cracked the edge, rim and Reverse! Can you post some very closeup pics of the crack or slice on the Obverse? Maybe we can determine if it (the uniform slice on the Obverse) is an actual crack in the planchet or was caused by something sharp hitting the coin.

Frank

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
While I have found and owned many coins with cracked planchets, I am on the fence with this one! From the edge of the coin through the rim and down the Reverse, it appears to be exactly that. However, I have never seen one with such a uniform slice on the Obverse and can only wonder if the coin took a hit in this location which actually cracked the edge, rim and Reverse! Can you post some very closeup pics of the crack or slice on the Obverse? Maybe we can determine if it (the uniform slice on the Obverse) is an actual crack in the planchet or was caused by something sharp hitting the coin.

Frank

Frank,

Better lighting.....will leave you no doubt.

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 89
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 91

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread