Not again...found TWO more Fake 1914 D Cents on eBay... What do you think?

CoinHuntingDrew

Dec 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well first...
this is self-explanatory for itself
1914 D 1c BN Lincoln Cent | eBay

Anyways, you guys tell me what you think. I've posted these in the past, and reported them in the past too. Anyone else agree they are counterfeits?

1914 D Lincoln Cent Filler | eBay

^ Most definitely.

1914 D Lincoln Wheat Cent | eBay

^ Kinda iffy, but looks 98% fake.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Lol, this guy has guts (instead of taking the coin down at $40, the highest it got before he admitted it was fake), he amended his eBay listing on why ANACS sent the coin back to him:

On Mar-10-15 at 06:51:36 PDT, seller added the following information:

Just to add a note: It was deemed of questionable authenticy so they would not grade it.

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Since I know jack about coins, could you please tell me what makes you think the second coin is fake. Just asking to broaden my knowledge.

Bill

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Since I know jack about coins, could you please tell me what makes you think the second coin is fake. Just asking to broaden my knowledge.Bill

For one, he included the note from ANACS stating it was fake.

The other two, I just looked at them and he has a picture of a 1945 for each in his listing, but still posts it as 1914D

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I know jack about coins, could you please tell me what makes you think the second coin is fake. Just asking to broaden my knowledge.

Bill

To actually understand what makes these coins fake it helps to look at a genuine 1914-D. Notice the sharp detail of Lincolns bust not present in the fake coin, also take notice of the date and overall shape of the mint mark also very different.

27400503_37228503_2200.jpg

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks for giving more things to try to remember. lol. I guess I need to pay a lot more attention to any older coins I find.

Thanks again,
Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread