Indian Head Penny, Best Shape Ive Ever Seen Personally

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I can tell you this, he's one of Wisconsin's largest coin collectors, I think he knows what he's talking about. He was able to physically see the coin as to where yous weren't. I have to say, in all my time visiting this site, I haven't once felt like there is some hate group going but wow. Seems like some bruised egos maybe? Either way, he didn't rip himself off, this guy knows what he's doing and was one of the most recommended coin and antique collectors there were in my surrounding states and I doubt he's rich off of not knowing what he's doing. Either way, I don't want to reply to this thread any longer, if moderator could lock it it would be appreciated.

After the thread is dormant for 11 days you post (stating that you dont want to reply anymore) and take shots at those who disagree and then ask the moderator to lock the thread? Interesting....

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look, what everyone is telling you isn't a slam on you or your coin. The simple fact is that a coins value comes from what it will grade. The higher the grade the more value it has. The grading system that dealers and collectors have has a bottom and top to it. Based on that grading system values are given based on finished sales. He paid you more than previous sale prices would dictate it was worth. You simply made out like a bandit and he will be hard pressed to get his money back if he chooses to resale it. Quit taking this like it's a personal attack. It isn't. Chill!

OP
OP
P

PChammer

Jun 11, 2010
After the thread is dormant for 11 days you post (stating that you dont want to reply anymore) and take shots at those who disagree and then ask the moderator to lock the thread? Interesting....

Yes after 11 days. Some of us have a life outside the web which may mean not getting to eat a pizza in front of the pc every single day and living in a forum. So you can use your own summary on what I said here, doesn't matter , don't care because the reason I asked for it to be locked is mainly due to the fact it's become more about who's right and wrong and not about actual facts.

FACT: It sold for 125.00. He was also able to see it in person, who here did? 3 coin collectors agreed on it's price. If anything I stated went against what others thought, the comments flew.

While I always appreciated opinions and help here, I think it's obvious that if the majority rule on a site doesn't feel like it's in the right ,it becomes what it is here now in this thread. I didn't take shots at anyone, there were plenty of comments thrown at me that warranted my response.

If this forum is in fact turning into a "look I feel better about myself cuz I grouped up and and argued against someone huh huh " then no thanks, I'll move on, no more posting here.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody was replying to this thread, so it was already dead. What was the point of the rant? You didn't like our assessment of your coin based on your photos? You didn't like our opinion of the coin dealer overpaying for your coin? If you didn't want our opinion, why did you ask for it? Just looking for some "YES" men?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said, no one was attacking you. We're just saying there's no way the coin is valued at what he paid. If it were straight out of an original roll it's not worth that much. Look at a red book! Look at a gray sheet! You did great getting what you did for it. No one's accusing you of doing anything wrong. Yet you claim people are attacking you. I'm just saying the"collector" that bought it isn't as smart as you may think he is.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes after 11 days. Some of us have a life outside the web which may mean not getting to eat a pizza in front of the pc every single day and living in a forum. So you can use your own summary on what I said here, doesn't matter , don't care because the reason I asked for it to be locked is mainly due to the fact it's become more about who's right and wrong and not about actual facts.

FACT: It sold for 125.00. He was also able to see it in person, who here did? 3 coin collectors agreed on it's price. If anything I stated went against what others thought, the comments flew.

While I always appreciated opinions and help here, I think it's obvious that if the majority rule on a site doesn't feel like it's in the right ,it becomes what it is here now in this thread. I didn't take shots at anyone, there were plenty of comments thrown at me that warranted my response.

If this forum is in fact turning into a "look I feel better about myself cuz I grouped up and and argued against someone huh huh " then no thanks, I'll move on, no more posting here.

fat guy.jpg

How did you know???

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe, Joe, Joe,.....what are you thinking? Where's the sausage, ham, and bacon on that pizza? You on a diet or something? :laughing7: I think you need to use that as your avatar! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread