• DSCF0099.JPG
    DSCF0099.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 375

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
Being an electrician for about 20 years now I've seen a lot of weired stuff. I think I've seen this mark several times in the past but I'm not 100% sure about the one you have. In older homes and buildings that still have the old fuse boxes people put pennies in under a fuse that keeps popping. It's been done for years. This keeps it from blowing out because it's a direct connection and by-passes the fuse. DON'T EVER DO THIS!!! The fuse is blowing because the circuit is overloaded. Fuses are designed to pop if overloaded. You will be sorry sooner or later if you try this. PLEASE DON'T DO IT!!! I'm not trying to pass on bad ideas here. This is just my opinion on the marks.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another possibility to this is incomplete plating. Remember, these are copper coated zinc pennies, so the plating attempt could have been done incorrectly. Just a thought

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
To me it looks more electrical. Maybe someone put it between electrodes of a stun gun and vaporized the copper layer in that area. ???

C

Carl in CO

I think the zinc stinkin lincolns are bathed for the copper color. Where it's on both the heads and tails, I vote for the fusebox/heat theory.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread