Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
OP
OP
P

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
we have worked it out and she is going to pay. She got a heck of a deal. I don't see the feedback as important as some do. my feedback is not perfect but I do everything to make the customer happy. I have had poeple claim they did not recieve thier items, I will no longer ship without delivery confirmation. I had one guy say he never recieved some email info I sold him, his email was bogus so I had no way to get it to him even though it was sent numerous times. and I had a lady claim the DVD player I sold her was damaged but she refused insurance and left a negative when I refused to refund. Just goes to show you that a seller with a negative feedback is not a BAD seller, maybe the buyers are just yhe type that just can't be pleased. I always give new sellers a chance and I give poeple with negatives a chance both buyers and sellers. In 6 years I have only had a problem with those people twice. The moral is you just can't please them all.

mike

OP
OP
P

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
BTW on ebay if a minor bids, it is still the adult's responsibility. This is because when you sign up you agree that you are responsible for any and all actions from your account. That is why they tell you to keep your password private. There is no way for the buyer to prove that someone other than the adult registered user is using the account if the correct password is used. When a user logs in to ebay it is assumed that the registered user is who signed in and ebay will provide info stating that the registered user logged in at that time and bid at this time and what not. Kind of hard to hide behind laws with that kind of contract.

mike

S

SonjaMarie

What are you Ebay Ids? I'd like to just check out your auctoins. I haven't sold anything on there for awhile myself. I mostly buy Lady Jane Grey stuff for my collection.

Sonja Marie

OP
OP
P

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
free - It seems like about 50% of the question askers win my auctions. But I sell alot of specialty items, mostly for fur trapping.

sonja - my is is tat_n_trapper feel free to check my auctions.

mike

C

Copper

PAmike said:
Just goes to show you that a seller with a negative feedback is not a BAD seller, maybe the buyers are just yhe type that just can't be pleased.
mike

I've been with ebay almost since the beginning. I've had another ID simply because I got discouraged once due to having to deal with some hard cases that I had ebay delete my first account. I stayed away for a couple years or so.

The worst (and almost funniest) case of negative feedback I ever saw on ebay was a buyer who left negative feedback because there was "too much tape on the package."

I've noticed a turn from US buyers to European. I recently tried to sell a large collection of ancient coins to US only...BIG MISTAKE!? I didn't even reach reserve. A buyer in Australia contacted me and bought the whole deal without a second thought. It was worth 5 times what I was asking.

OP
OP
P

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
too much tape? what is that? tape only makes a packge stonger.

I want to say that the winner of my coin auction just paid and they will most definiely recieve a positive feedback. Now I can buy my detector ;D

I will also admit that I over-reacted, and that I will take this as a lesson learned.

I also have another lot of coins on ebay if anyone is interesred.

I only ship to the US because of high shipping rates. My wife sold some books a few months ago and the shipping to canada was more that double the value of the books.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread