Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
It's supposed to crash on Friday??

As strange as it may sound!

If you follow some of the financial advisors on You Tube, the market has crashed every 7 years on the last day of the Shemitah, 29th of Elul, which falls on September 13th which is a Sunday and the markets will be closed.
So ... Friday 11th, 9/11 anniversary (Black Friday) or Monday 14th ( Black Monday) is their prediction.

For me... America is 20 Trillion dollars in the red, they need to print more (counterfeit) money with no Gold backing it up to offset China's dumping of 1.2 Trillion in Treasury Bills.

How could it not crash!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I thought oil was going to be a good investment. So at this point I have nothing to lose my account has already crashed! Sorry if everybody else loses out maybe I'll get some of my money back those days... [emoji389]

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is true! Sometimes you work so hard to protect your "things" you forget to live! It will eat at you! Did I make the right choice, or am I making the wrong choice, is someone going to steal this? Affraid to leave and go out of town, in fear of someone might break in, don't trust people in your house etc....I had it bad!!

I need to adhere to that thought!!
I have acquired so much from collecting electronics all my life to buying storage lockers the last 10 years.
It has piled up so high everywhere that one business owner told me I would never be able to sell it all in the rest of my years!!
I'm trying tho, It does tie me down from a normal life....I've always looked at it as a nest egg if I needed money.

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided a couple weeks ago I was going to sell off my Morgan Silverdollar's. Well I listed 2 on eBay. Started with the 3rd. Started to get this sick feeling in my stomach.... As I saw them start the empty out of my folders and gave in about five minutes and pulled the listings. I can't do it man!!! I can't! My business partner wants to buy them. I don't know if I could even do that. There are a couple I would like to get graded but I don't know I guess I'm just going to put them back for a while. Don't really need the money at the moment.. So I guess I have to sell off my other 25 piles of garbage before I get to the coins! Thanks for listening to my dilemma.

I took some silver dollars I found from lockers & mounted them on belts for gifts, My dad & family.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to adhere to that thought!!
I have acquired so much from collecting electronics all my life to buying storage lockers the last 10 years.
It has piled up so high everywhere that one business owner told me I would never be able to sell it all in the rest of my years!!
I'm trying tho, It does tie me down from a normal life....I've always looked at it as a nest egg if I needed money.

I collected and collected......It would take the rest of my life to sell for what I think it is worth. So, I grouped and started to sell in groups. Either waste my time forever? Or sell and move on! Like you I was trying to think ahead. But that nest egg may have cost more than it's worth, looking at it from the big overall view.

In my case, my life(meaning not tied and controlled by stuff) or the security idea. I'm on the path to freedom!:laughing7: Everyone is different and there is no wrong answer.

NeedBucksNow

Greenie
Sep 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're not hurting for money right now, why sell them then? I would sell the other 25 piles of things you don't really want 1st. I like to collect rare things 2 though and it seems like those would be harder to get back than most of the other stuff. Just my feeling about it :)
I decided a couple weeks ago I was going to sell off my Morgan Silverdollar's. Well I listed 2 on eBay. Started with the 3rd. Started to get this sick feeling in my stomach.... As I saw them start the empty out of my folders and gave in about five minutes and pulled the listings. I can't do it man!!! I can't! My business partner wants to buy them. I don't know if I could even do that. There are a couple I would like to get graded but I don't know I guess I'm just going to put them back for a while. Don't really need the money at the moment.. So I guess I have to sell off my other 25 piles of garbage before I get to the coins! Thanks for listening to my dilemma.

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously Beachkid!
This guy's name is NeedBucksNow, so if he says not to sell the rare stuff, don't sell the rare stuff! Like everyone else said, they are just things, but you should just sell the things you really don't want and keep the things you really do want.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update: my wife and I had $9800 in credit card debt on Thanksgiving day. I sold all my Morgan's except for one Carson City. I sold off all of my 1/10 gold eagles (18) and all of my silver bars (45 oz)

Worked my tail off selling my higher dollar stuff on eBay. And as of today December 12 I have $1100 left on my card. We cut them up and have never felt better in our lives. The rest of that hopefully will be paid off by the end of this month.

I may pick up a couple quarter ounce gold rounds after Christmas is over. But not buying anything to keep until after that. No more debt again!!!

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update: my wife and I had $9800 in credit card debt on Thanksgiving day. I sold all my Morgan's except for one Carson City. I sold off all of my 1/10 gold eagles (18) and all of my silver bars (45 oz)

Worked my tail off selling my higher dollar stuff on eBay. And as of today December 12 I have $1100 left on my card. We cut them up and have never felt better in our lives. The rest of that hopefully will be paid off by the end of this month.

I may pick up a couple quarter ounce gold rounds after Christmas is over. But not buying anything to keep until after that. No more debt again!!!

I did that a few years back and it feels great no credit cards

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did that a few years back and it feels great no credit cards

A friend of mine was pretty upset that I sold it all but oh well I think having young family and having no credit card debt is way better than having a stack of metal. Not to mention it's not like I can't buy it back overtime if I want to.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
And as of today December 12 I have $1100 left on my card. We cut them up and have never felt better in our lives.

I had to divorce my wife to get rid of credit card... Every month, my bill comes in, I pay it easily, and never carry a balance. If you EVER have to carry a balance from month to month, you should get rid of your card. If you can pay it every month, that 1% cash back is really nice.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to divorce my wife to get rid of credit card... Every month, my bill comes in, I pay it easily, and never carry a balance. If you EVER have to carry a balance from month to month, you should get rid of your card. If you can pay it every month, that 1% cash back is really nice.

I was going to start a thread asking if I should sell my coin collection if I were to get separated. What a divorce lawyer make you sell off your collection?

Last edited:

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
All the talk in the "Economic Circles" are predicting a financial collapse of the US Dollar, even giving the date of September 11th as a major Stock Market crash!

No amount of "Quantitative Easing" - Prediction of a QE4 - is going to save the dollar, this time.

Silver is currently below production costs and predictions with the current rush to buy may force Silver as high as $1000.00 per ounce.

I have been busy transferring my cash to silver and advise others to hold onto yours - at least until after this Fall.

Still waiting...

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I was going to start a thread asking if I should sell my coin collection if I were to get separated. What a divorce lawyer make you sell off your collection?

We are using mediation. No lawyers. Total cost, out the door (so to speak) is about $6000 to let them do all of the paperwork.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread