Pefect Condition Quarter!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I only buy PCGS graded coins. However, that is still a nice coin you have there coinsareaweseme!

OP
OP
coinsareawesome

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is actually graded PF-70, which is the highest grade proof coin that you can get, or as close to perfect a coin can get, and it is graded by NGC.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are using a PCGS guide to buy NGC coins? There can be a HUGE disparity between the 2 companies. If you look at sold listings for your coin you will see they are going for between $27-$40 over the past few months. Price guides, redbooks, grey sheets etc mean NOTHING when real time market conditions say otherwise!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
You are using a PCGS guide to buy NGC coins? There can be a HUGE disparity between the 2 companies. If you look at sold listings for your coin you will see they are going for between $27-$40 over the past few months. Price guides, redbooks, grey sheets etc mean NOTHING when real time market conditions say otherwise!

The OP's ebay link shows that he paid $30 for the coin. Well, it is worth about $30.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only buy PCGS graded coins. However, that is still a nice coin you have there coinsareaweseme!

I prefer PCGS coins, mainly because I love their set registry program. But it's important to buy the coin, not the holder. I've seen stunning coins and ugly coins stabbed by both companies. I think the market in general prefers PCGS, as these tend to sell for a bit more. I think NGC overgrades Buffalo nickels, but does pretty well with Morgan dollars.

One of the coolest coins I've ever seen is in an NGC holder, and I think it would cross easily to PCGS... Would love to own her!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442615049.297281.jpg

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
One of the coolest coins I've ever seen is in an NGC holder, and I think it would cross easily to PCGS... Would love to own her!
View attachment 1212727

I think this coin is the PERFECT example of why you stay away from NGC Coins. There is a huge flaw in the frost between the eye and the hair. It could just be a polishing flaw, but it is big enough to knock it out of MS69 money. If I was selling that coin, I would love to have it slabbed at 69... but its just not there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread