Over paid a little....

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine is downsizing and cleaning out the house. She came across some silver bars and wanted me to come take a look at them. She said she's interested in selling them it's the price is right so I told her I would give her $15 a bar. Silver is @ $14.30ish. But I would love to have them!

Bought 5 all from the 1970's. She is currently looking for the other box, she recalls there being another 150 bars in it.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442413144.173007.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442413178.053169.jpg

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She certainly has a stash! By tomorrow, you may make your money's worth. Silver went up $.54 today, which means you only lost $.08 per bar!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wohoo! I think everyone here would like to see some kind of permanent rise. Although buying in this price range is not something to complain about either! It felt nice having everything at about $25 apiece though!!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, you obtained and will likely obtain more Silver Bars as an investment for when the crap hits the fan and if you are happy and she is happy, then as is well! Even if you do not hold onto them for bad times, Silver Art Bars usually fetch decent premiums over spot prices. When I was buying Silver Bars, I bought a lot of the old Bread Loaf Silver Bars and wish I could have held onto them but they went towards replacing two of my daughter's cars which were totalled.

Frank

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
but they went towards replacing two of my daughter's cars which were totaled.Frank

You too, Nationwide put a permanent clause in my insurance policy that my daughter would never drive my cars!

Good score on the silver! Now if she has 150 more, you're going to put out some money there. Opportunity does knock though....

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
By all means BUY THEM ALL, even though at melt price, I think it will be a very wise investment.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You too, Nationwide put a permanent clause in my insurance policy that my daughter would never drive my cars!

Good score on the silver! Now if she has 150 more, you're going to put out some money there. Opportunity does knock though....

Oh, she has a jewelry collection that I could fill my van 3 times. I'm planning on buying it all..... Today is suppose to be the day[emoji1] but... My daughter is sick. Believe me, my wife is gonna be leaving work if she schedules me in today!

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
u cant buy them cheaper anywhere else...bars always have a premium...and what u have are art bars prolly from the 60s-80s which have and even higher premium....great job and ake sure u buy em all!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread