Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSC01735.JPG DSC01736.JPG

Well, in addition to being slightly off-center, FDR looks like he has a booger or a cleft lip. Is it PMD? Thanks.

aj

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be a clashed die error. The condition of the coin isn't too great, so, you may have to inspect under and microscope using another dime reverse as a guide.

OP
OP
ajaj

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. I am certainly no expert on error coins, and had to look up the details of what a die clash error is. I take it that the reverse peeks a little on the obverse and visa versa? Well, I found this dime in regular change, and it has seen better days!

aj

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It happens when the dies come together without a planchette in between. The design from each die is transferred to each other.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
The link below is to an excellent website about MAD (Mis-Aligned Die) Clashes, Floating Die Clashes, Die Clashes as well as Counter Die Clashes and other information. Anyone that finds or collects coins that have Die Clashing or Counter Die Clashing will find the website very helpful and informative. The site is hosted by Mike Diamond, Coin Error Attributer and former President of Coneca (http://www.conecaonline.org/) and other experts in the field of Coin Errors.

Mad Die Clashes

Frank

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread