Impatiently waiting...

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Not to burst any bubbles here, but none of these coins sold for the Buy It Now prices; they sold for less. That's why the line is through the price. Perform a sorted search (highest price first) of 1904 S Morgan dollars in AU condition, and you'll see that these three coins sold sold for greater than $599 but less than $1750. The two higher priced ones ($1750 and $1995) are graded in a higher condition. My GUESS would be that this coin would sell for no more than ~$750. For your sake Beachkid23, I hope it sells for much higher, but, in my opinion, the chances are low.

aj

You are correct that the prices are not the actual prices that the coins sold for! However, it is very doubtful that the Sellers would accept offers of more that 20% off of the "Buy It Now" price for their' coins but who knows. At 20% off, that still puts the prices at $840, $936 and $1,000 which puts the lowest one in-line with Numismedia's pricing and the other two about 20% higher than either PCGS' and Numidmedia's pricing.

Frank

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to try auctioning it at $750. I got an email for way less than that but no thank you! Thank you guys for all your input I very much appreciate it!

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my fingers crossed for you...let's see this bugger go for full amount!

aj

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a quick question. Why ngc instead of pcgs? Just for educational purpuses how did you decide to chose ngc?

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a quick question. Why ngc instead of pcgs? Just for educational purpuses how did you decide to chose ngc?

I think because the coin dealer probably has a membership with them. He drove the coin directly to them instead of mailing it. Which it is in Sarasota two hours north of where we live. I didn't know if it was a better option or not but that's what he suggested

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sell it to me for $10 and take the loss off your taxes

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have no idea on value, just trying to help on your taxes

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got an offer of $650 for it. Should I take it? Or leave it??
It's your decision. If I didn't have the option on my listing, I wouldn't. Think about the ebay and paypal fees, You don't have a best offer option on it so unless they want to make the transaction off ebay to save fees then I wouldn't take the offer. If you want to take offers then add that option and price it a little higher than you want, that way the offers may be a little closer to the $700-$750 mark. That's my opinion anyway.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's your decision. If I didn't have the option on my listing, I wouldn't. Think about the ebay and paypal fees, You don't have a best offer option on it so unless they want to make the transaction off ebay to save fees then I wouldn't take the offer. If you want to take offers then add that option and price it a little higher than you want, that way the offers may be a little closer to the $700-$750 mark. That's my opinion anyway.

I respect your opinion. Thank you very much!

[emoji6]

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wait til the end of the auction. If you dont get what you want offer it to him or drop it to 650

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold it for $675. If it were shiny I probably would've held out for more.

Nice job! I agree that, in my opinion, the "eye appeal" was less than desirable. Eye appeal is a concept whereas my "less than desirable" could be someone else's "desirable. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

aj"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions