Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would welcome all thoughts and comments on whether this is the 1895/895 variety? I found it metal detecting this last September, but only noticed the bump on the 8, closed 9, and fat 5 last night. Thanks.

aj

DSC01829.JPG DSC01822.JPG

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I am sorry but I can't see the diagnostics (Die Markers) to tell if it is the Variety or not and I even copied and pasted the pic to my' PC and blew it up! If you can take a really, really close-up pic of the Date and post it here, it may be possible to determine whether or not it is the Variety. You might try different lighting setups for the pics as well. If it is the Variety, then it is more than likely a Late Die State (Stage) as the Die Markers are just not visible from the pic.

Frank

OP
OP
ajaj

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I shall try to get better photos (sun will be out today), but what I really need is a nice SLR camera and macro lens. I only have an inexpensive SONY "soccer mom" camera now. Looking through a jeweler's loupe, however, I cannot see any separation, or different layers, within the blobs; just blobs.

aj

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread