Unknown penny

Emssafety

Greenie
Dec 12, 2015
New york
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpeg I have been coin roll searching for a couple weeks now and found this tonight can anyone tell me if this is real or altered it has the tails side on both sides but one is at a 90 degree to the other and the one side you can barly see image.jpeg

OP
OP
E

Emssafety

Greenie
Dec 12, 2015
New york
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it something I should spend the money on to have it out in plastic? Or not worth going that far with it

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The second one is caused by a die clash. Totally different. Look them up on the internet.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1248261 I have been coin roll searching for a couple weeks now and found this tonight can anyone tell me if this is real or altered it has the tails side on both sides but one is at a 90 degree to the other and the one side you can barly see View attachment 1248260

I am on the fence as to whether the coin is a Mint made Error or Man made Error! It has all the appearances of being a Capped Die Strike (i.e. full Brockage) except the much deeper bowl or bottle cap shape on the side (Obverse) with the brockage. Due to this, I am thinking that the Error was man made.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread