Help ID these Civil War time two cent pieces

Iteach

Jun 8, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi Folks,
Was checking out my coin collection, it's cold and dreary here in Pittsburgh, so I thought I'd entertain myself and "remind" myself just what did I have. well, discovered I actually have some pretty cool coins. 5 Silver dollars from 1880-1891. A couple of 1964 Kennedy halves, also a 1934 Walking Liberty Half. A 1917 Penny.
My question to those here way more experienced than I, I found 2 - two cent pieces from 1863 & 1870. I've attached pics of them and what I think are my other cool coins. If anybody could assist with identifying these two coins in particular, I'd greatly appreciate it. Also, any comments are welcome regarding the others.
View attachment coins pics.doc

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coins are pretty good. It might be good to check for a mint mark on the reverse below the wreath on the dollars. The '65 is a pretty common date of the two cents. They are selling for between $5 and $13 on ebay. The '70 is a rarer date. On the two cents, generally the later dates you get the rarer and more valuable they are. They are actually selling for less on ebay, but with more days left. Probably worth around $20.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions