Should they stay or should they go...

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I am sitting on about $200 face of silver. Nothing too rare. Some walkers, some bengies, lots and lots of roosevelt dimes. All 90%.

Going rate on coinflation is about 10.125 times face. I have an offer of $14 times face. I started looking on Ebay, and I can't replace them on Ebay for less than 15 times face. I need to go to the Pawn Shop and look around some more, but should I dump at 14, or should I hold them until I can find a replacement price that would give me a profit on the transaction.

toolmanbutch

Aug 23, 2015
Upstate NY and Floridas East Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Bounty Hunter
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't need the money then hang on to them. Buy all you can when the market is down. History shows these will become more valuable.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To each his own, but if those coins did not fill holes in a collection and are just "junk" silver I would sell at 14x. With a little effort you can replace them for less. Right now a guy has a bunch he wants to sell me at melt.

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
Hello,
200 bucks in silver is a nice hoard. I wouldn't sell them unless you found a super-duper deal and needed the cash to make a buy. I have been collecting coins for years, and only recently have discovered there are many varieties of common date coin that have nice premiums. There are web sites with info, and you can find a lot of the new discoveries being offered on ebay to make a comparison with if you think you have found something. All you will need is a 10X magnifying glass and some free time. It will be something to do if we ever have a real actual winter this year. :D There are new varieties to be found too.
Good Luck,
Phil

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill sell you $100 fv for $1300, you make $100

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH