Recasts or real deal?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me instinct says that these are remade. But I wanted to have you look at them before I toss them. They test for silver but they're so small I can't believe that they would be real. Are they old Spanish coins or ancient coins or sunken ship coins or are they just Sterling silver replicas? They are almost 3/8" in size mounted on earrings. Thanks! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457320606.045160.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457320641.387928.jpg

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! That's what I figured. But I wanted to make them sure before I just put them in a jewelry lot auction. Thank you for the help

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Test them for silver. They could actually be Atocha copies. Mel Fisher and Co. Would melt actual silver bars from the Atocha wreck and make copies of coins that were actually found on the wreck site and then sell them. I have a 1 reale necklace piece. If they acid test positive for silver then I would bet doughnuts for dollars that that's what they are. ☠

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more I look at them, the more I think they are 1/2 reale Atocha copies. If they do test positive as silver, they are worth more than just sterling earrings. Not a ton more but worth selling separately.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions